Hello everyone

11 years 8 months ago #242877 by Gelreal
Will keep this short and sweet.

Im 30, have been and environmentalist and Greenpeace activist since aged 10, first protest being around that same age, and at the same time have always been an active animal rights activist also. I have always loved and admired photography, especially, of course, nature and wildlife photography, one of my favourites is a gentlemen called Steve Winter, if you don't knot hi, i urge you to look up his Jaguar shots.

so I have had a few issues in my life, and at aged 30 decided I would take up photography as a way to hopefully express myself.

I went out and brought myself a camera package which came with the following:

Canon T3
Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0 - 5.6 III USM
Canon 18-55mm IS

I no less that a little about photography, I'm still really trying to wrap my head around ISO, aperture and shutter speed.

so far since i brought this camera a week ago I have only had 1 real photography trip, and that was to the Zoo, I will be making some posts for comments on where i went wrong on the appropriate forum section, but if you wish to take a look they can be seen here.

Oh, I also have Adobe lightroom with no real idea how to use it :)

Anything you want or need to know ask!

11 years 8 months ago #242908 by Weston
You went out and spent some money! Well good for you and welcome to the site.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Gelreal
11 years 8 months ago #242931 by Squibble
Good to have you on board, as a fairly new member I can assure you the natives are friendly and have a great amount of knowledge

It's a dogs life, yeah right!

11 years 8 months ago #242947 by chasrich
:welcomeclan :welcomeclan :welcomeclan Learning photography is a bit like an ant eating an elephant. Just keep taking one small bite at a time and pretty soon you will get to the desert. :thumbsup:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
11 years 8 months ago #242994 by Gelreal
Thanks guys!

Actually I spent less that I thought, I got a good deal!

Upon arriving at the store the only package left of this set was an "open box".I asked and they told me a lady had brought it, took it home unpacked it, but decided before even using she didnt like how it felt so returned it. The "techs" there check all the equipment make sure its in perfect condition still and putit back out for resale, but as its "open box" it has to be sold for a lower price! I got all 3 peices for $550 :cheer:

11 years 8 months ago #243086 by Conner
Hi Yogi! Welcome here :welcomeclan

Photo Comments
11 years 8 months ago #243168 by Gammill
Pleasure to meet you :beerbang:

Photo Comments
11 years 8 months ago #243344 by deemarie
:cheers:

deemarie
11 years 8 months ago #244682 by mclayton
Welcome to the site!

11 years 8 months ago #245127 by kraj8995
Hello friends, I am new joining from India and I am here to introduce myself, my name is Raj and by professional I am a photographer and I found this site very much interesting and I would like to share my experience to everyone so please appreciate me.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024