Getting Started on PhotographyTalk {Video}

9 years 10 months ago #375966 by PhotographyTalk

The following user(s) said Thank You: christiedelphia, ellesamadesu, Sdietz140, AshleyDes, fcwscott, Shaz1970, photographyelement, aroblue, Rana Hasnain, yassine-wawi and 18 other people also said thanks.
9 years 5 months ago #408532 by grandpawrichard
Thank you!

Dick

The following user(s) said Thank You: ajohns, Liz-Pekler, Erica-Brown, Jhon Manuel Chavez, michaela10out10
9 years 2 months ago #422003 by stuartsbarbie
Hi Alex,
Well I finally watched the video that I should have watched right away.  It does answer a bunch of questions.

I just have a few things to mention, especially since you said the other evening that you would be updating some things on this site.
The upload photos has changed
This side bars are not the same as in the video.  There is no mail icon that I can see.
The galleries tab has also changed.

I noticed today that you fixed that little problem of being able to get to the login and account tabs.  Thank you

I would also like to see someplace obvious where the Photographytalk support people are listed.  I do not always feel the need to ring your bell if I have a question, but there is no place (that I can find) to tell me who to send a PM to. 

Again, I want to say, I love this site.  Thanks for all the hard work you and your team do to bring us such a great place to hang out. :thx2:

Barbara

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: Freelancer-Razz
9 years 1 month ago #428680 by MonicaH
Very helpful! Thanks!

8 years 10 months ago #438289 by ajohns
Thank you B)

8 years 10 months ago #438997 by weavingdreams
Thank You Very Helpful Video.

7 years 5 months ago #501024 by Liz-Pekler
Great stuff!

Thanks!

7 years 2 months ago #511871 by michealj
Thanks for the getting started information, very helpful!

Photo Comments
6 years 10 months ago #526995 by Rorence
Teachus more in this field. After reading on here, we can learn more in this
topic. 

6 years 6 months ago #543033 by Tandy
My name is Tandy. Nice to meet you all.

I mainly joined because I have a Nikon lens to sell but I am flailing around completely out of my depth. I bought it in 2007 and have never used it. I don't think I should get a used price but don't know how to get an appraisal. I want to get a fair price but also want to ask a fair price.

I need help!!!
I was hoping maybe this forum would have someone who could give me some direction on how to figure out what it's worth and how to sell.

It is in the original box with sticker (that's how I know it was 2007). It is still wrapped in the box, there is a velvet bag and paper directions. It's all there. I don't have a receipt and do not remember where I bought it but if the sticker on the box has a way to prove I did--great! I am aiming for complete transparency, here.

5 years 6 months ago #604268 by NewavaMike
:cheers:

Photo Comments
3 years 11 months ago #683287 by Jhon Manuel Chavez
Hi i'm new to this forum but stayed at your YT a lot :>

3 years 10 months ago #683563 by jmbird
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this Forum and looking forward to being a member and the discussions around the new offerings from Canon and Sony.

Regards,

Jim

3 years 10 months ago #683577 by Jose Colon
Hello, I'm Jose Colon aka Caribbean Shutter. I'm a YouTube loyal followers and after the last video I was instructed to come and drop a line. What a huge site full of very good info, it's amazing! About me I'm mixed German and Spanish; my parents were from Puerto Rico and Spain but I was born and raised in Germany (Father was in the military). I'm a Military Officer and speak 5 languages. I use photography as a scape from work. I'm married with a Puerto Rican with two girls and they are all in Puerto Rico, when I get R&R that's where you'll find me. I'll be looking and browsing more this site (as time allows) and I'm really considering to join the paid subscription. Thank you for having me, stay safe and blessings to all!

Photo Comments
3 years 10 months ago #684622 by GameBeast-
Hey guys 
My name is Senne Van Aelst. I'm only sixteen but I love photography in videography. I'm almost at the point I get paid doing it. I just want to meet y'all and say hi. Have a good day.

Senne

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024