New member from Sonoma County, California

4 years 4 days ago #475737 by SonomaShooter
Hello everyone! I'm really excited to be here! It seems like you have a nice community here. 

I'm a "recovering" wedding photographer who hit a breaking point a few years back and got sick of shooting for other people. I've been on kind of a hiatus the last couple years focusing on my web design career but am now getting back into shooting ONLY for myself. I've been dabbling with timelapse photography and nightscapes. In desperate need of some new equipment. 

Looking forward to participating here regularly and learning as much as I can from all of you :) 

Melissa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 4 days ago #475738 by Matt Benton
Welcome to the site Melissa, my wife is a Trek'y fan too!  ha ha ha  Star Wars ;) 

Photo Comments

4 years 4 days ago #475739 by SonomaShooter
Nice to meet you, Matt! And believe it or not it's possible to be both a Trekkie and a Star Wars fan... although I see how one would get the impression that I'm hardcore one way vs the other lol

4 years 4 days ago #475753 by Sean Lewitts
Wine country!  

welcome to the board!!

4 years 4 days ago #475759 by SonomaShooter
Yeah! I'm so spoiled living here. If you want to come visit, let me know :) 

The weather right now couldn't be more perfect. I love the start of spring time. I took this pic of my dog on my mom's property a couple days ago. 

Attachments:

4 years 4 days ago #475794 by J Hemingway
Welcome here! 

Photo Comments

4 years 3 days ago #475884 by Tuscan Muse
Welcome to PT Melissa!

4 years 2 days ago #476052 by Travel Nut
Welcome to the forum Melissa. Look forward to your participation.

3 years 11 months ago #477871 by Simon Says
Welcome to the PhotographyTalk Melissa, nice to meet you!

3 years 11 months ago #477918 by foxX
Welcome to the site Melissa! Love the R2D2 pillow.

Photo Comments

3 years 11 months ago #478695 by plymouthcards
Welcome Melissa, nice to meet you. :)

3 years 11 months ago #478780 by CatherineW
Where did you find that R2?  My husband would totally dig that.  He collects Star Wars stuff in his man cave.  

BTW welcome here!  

***Remember 9/11***
Photo Comments

3 years 11 months ago #479164 by Kid Prodigy

CatherineW wrote: Where did you find that R2?  My husband would totally dig that.  He collects Star Wars stuff in his man cave.  

BTW welcome here!  

I have the same one or at least it looks like it.  Amazon has a number of them on their site -  www.amazon.com/Underground-Toys-Star-Tal...s_browse-bin%3AR2-D2  

Canon EOS 7D|Canon EF 70-200mm F/2.8L USM |
Canon EF 50mm F/1.4 USM |
(2) Canon Speedlite 480EX II

Photo Comments

3 years 11 months ago #479191 by SonomaShooter

CatherineW wrote: Where did you find that R2?  My husband would totally dig that.  He collects Star Wars stuff in his man cave.  

BTW welcome here!  

R2 was admittedly a total impulse buy. I think I was either at Target or Safeway or something... I can't remember lol. He's so comfy. I keep him at my office :)

3 years 11 months ago #479375 by roberthh
Welcome!

Photo Comments

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sony a7S II might be almost five years old, but as you'll see in this Sony a7S II review, it still packs a mighty punch with a small price tag.

Mar 23, 2020

In this Nikon D780 review, learn about the D780's features, specs, video capabilities, and more. Also learn how to score a discounted price on a D780 and how you can extend your gear budget!

Mar 13, 2020

In the Sony a6000 vs Sony a6100 battle, which one comes out on top? One offers a lower price tag while the other has more updated features. Find out which camera is best for you in this buyer's guide.

Mar 13, 2020

The Canon EOS RP is an entry-level camera that has some excellent features. In this Canon EOS RP review, learn all about its pros, cons, features, price, and more!

Mar 03, 2020

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

If you're looking for cheap laptops under $500, look no further than this list of some of the best laptops 2020 has to offer. In many cases, these inexpensive laptops are well under $200!

Mar 27, 2020

If you're in the market for one of the best lenses for beginner photographers, look no further than these versatile, budget-friendly options for Canon, Nikon, Sony, and more.

Mar 26, 2020

Is Elephant Stock worth your hard-earned dollars for a custom canvas print? In my Elephant Stock Review, learn the good, the bad, and the ugly of getting one of their fine art canvas prints.

Mar 25, 2020

These wedding photography marketing tips will help you spread the word about your business and generate more income from an increased number of clients.

Mar 25, 2020

If you're wondering how to improve your photography business, look no further than these sensible tips. Gain new skills, expand your service offerings, and be prepared to expand your business in the future.

Mar 25, 2020

If simple photography mistakes are getting you down, learn how to avoid common beginner photography mistakes so you can improve the quality of your photos. These tips will get you started!

Mar 25, 2020

Looking for things to do at home to pass the time? Need some activities for quarantine? This list will get you going with tons of ideas and resources!

Mar 24, 2020

Photography insurance is a must-have, yet some photographers roll the dice without it. In this guide, learn how to get photography insurance without paying high premiums.

Mar 24, 2020