The new kid on the block!

7 years 6 months ago #497865 by genarografia
Hello people from Photography Talk!

My name is Genaro and I'm from Sicily. 

I have 21 years old and i've moved to Rome to study fashion photography. It is my big dream to publish my work in major magazines. 

I hope to interact with you guys and use this Forum as a journal for my evolution. To share and grow along with you. 

What do you guys think? What do I need to become the best Fashion Photographer at Europe? B)

Grazie a tutti!

7 years 6 months ago #497880 by Neillien
That's awesome! Good luck in achieving everything you hope to through your photography. Looking forward to hearing and seeing what you're up to!

Photo Comments
7 years 6 months ago #498027 by JaneK
Good to have you part of this community!  Fashion photography like other areas, is all about practice!  

Photo Comments
7 years 6 months ago #498075 by PhotoViking
Welcome to the club! Lots of useful information here :thumbsup:

What does it take to be the best?
Talent is useful, good tuition helps a lot and lots and lots of practice could bring you where you want get to.
Be humble and never stop learning! ;)

:welcomeclan

Festina lente!
Photo Comments
7 years 5 months ago #498553 by Sue Bidwell
Really nice to meet you.  Welcome here!

Photo Comments
7 years 5 months ago #498919 by Scuba Mike
Good to have you on the site.  Welcome to the fun!  

Photo Comments
7 years 5 months ago #499022 by cybersholt
Welcome to the site Genaro! I think everyone else nailed it when it comes to becoming the best, practice, practice, practice.

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
7 years 5 months ago #499122 by GabrielMata
Genaro! Welcome to PT. 

I like your mindset. The best Fashion Photographer on Europe! WOW!

Kind of hard, Isn't?

I read some of the forum members told You to be humble, and to practice, practice and practice. Yes. You guys have your point here. 

Nevertheless, I'd like to help you. Let me assume you are in an Amateur level and check this video with some Lighting Tips I found online. I think It's a must for you to improve your ligthing skills.

It's the key for a killer image. 

Please tell me your thoughts on this video, guys! How good is it?

7 years 5 months ago #499124 by luciafotografia
Hi, Genaro!

Ok, practice is fundamental. But I'm sure you'll improve your skills just by studying the great ones.

Think of the best Fashion Photographers on the market. And think of the masters. The best of the best. They will give you the scope. And will help your eye and composition skills. 

If you don't know where to find their work, check at Google. 

Let me give you some names:

- Lilian Bassman: She was a painter also 
- Richard Avedon: Love his b/w portraits 
- Francesco Scavullo: Check his Cosmo magazine covers
- Michael Reinhardt: You Gotta love his work with Cindy Crawford
- What about Robert Frank? 

Check their work and tell me what you think... 

Saludos de Colombia!

Lucía.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024