Not really a rebel

6 years 8 months ago #534348 by Rebel guy
Howdy peoples,

Norwegian guy in need of a solid roof over his head. Took me quite some time to figure out what photography forum to go for but a friend of mine made a note about photography talk on FB so figure i`d follow this lead and see how well this forum will cater for my (for the time being) basic neccessities. I got my Canon 100D (rebel in the US) in july 2015 so going on two years now and have come to enjoy the digital age. I just got a 12 month Lightroom subscription so i do some editing as well but in reality i`m still a greenhorn. I do not own a smartphone so all my pics are taken with my DSLR. I leave my 18-55 lens at home and prefer to play around with my 55-250 Canon lens. Lots of fun for sure. I recently formatted my sd card and i think i had almost 5000 pictures spanning 24 months to give you an idea how much action me & my lens have seen. Started shooting RAW a little while back but still tangling with the finer writing implying i have a ways to go before i get to know it all by heart. I am not a computer wiz. I also frequent a bicycle forum and a scale modelling forum so i do like my details. At some point i`ll probably obtain a proper macro lens for my scale models. Alright, that`s all she wrote.     

6 years 8 months ago #534360 by The Original Daisy
Well I can't wait to see some of your photos.  I hear it's beautiful up there.  Welcome to the site!  

Daisy

6 years 8 months ago #534379 by Rebel guy
Thankyou. I hope this forum isn`t too challenging in terms of uploading images, lol. I`m located in Aalesund which is a very beautiful city by the sea, so yeah i`ll try to share some of it with you ;-)  

6 years 8 months ago #534393 by Tuscany
Hello and welcome new friend! 

Photo Comments
6 years 8 months ago #534578 by Roy Wilson
Welcome to the site new friend! 

Canon 5D Mark II, 30D, 40D, 50 1.2L, 16-35 2.8L Mark II, 24-105 4L IS, 24-70 2.8L, 70-200 2.8L IS, 85 1.8, 4 x 580 EX(II)
Photo Comments
6 years 8 months ago #534586 by Rebel guy
Thanksy! Hope to solve some of lifes big mysteries on here :lol:  

6 years 8 months ago #534600 by Overread

Rebel guy wrote: Thanksy! Hope to solve some of lifes big mysteries on here :lol:  

Just like the rest of us!  Can't wait to see some of those 5000 photos you took!

Photo Comments
6 years 8 months ago #534728 by ThatNikonGuy
Hello and welcome here new friend! 

Photo Comments
6 years 8 months ago #534757 by Rebel guy
Thanks again. First impressions, i get all these users following me. Am i supposed to follow them back as a return favour? I don`t even know them. Awfully quiet in here compared to other forums. C`mon you guys & gals, loosen up! What`s the name of this photography forum again?? 

6 years 8 months ago #534772 by Cathy Kadolph
Welcome to the community!  Follow who you like and don't to the others.  That's what I do. 

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once you grow up." Pablo Picasso
Photo Comments
6 years 8 months ago #534830 by Tim Dordeck
You are from the land of fishing from what I've been told.  I had a buddy of mine that visited Norway every summer for a number of years.  Apparently you have some great fishing up there.  Do you fish much yourself?

BTW welcome to the community! 

Photo Comments
6 years 8 months ago #534931 by Rebel guy
Land of fishing, well i don`t know. Some say land of the midnight sun, some say land of the trolls others call it land of the vikings. I personally will say there are a lot of fjords mountains and inlets around here at the coast. This makes it a pain to go anywhere fast. Before you know it you have to take a ferry to the next piece of land. Roads of course follow the topography so there are many winding roads here that do not cater well for high speeds. Norway has a history of fishing sure, but truth be told i never heard of that alias before. I do enjoy fishing but i don`t get around much to the right places much so i only rarely do any rodfishing these days. The best fishing locations are further north. No rivers in my adjacent area so just the odd cod, pollock or mackerel biting down on my saltwater lures. Caught this 9 lb haddock one fine june morning around 6.30 am while on a weekend trip further inland to one of the popular resorts around here. Broke my rod it did but i did get it on dry land. 
Thanks and hope to share many pictures and learn a lot of photo stuff in here.

Attachments:
6 years 8 months ago #534932 by Rebel guy
Alright, let`s try this magic trick ONE MORE TIME, lol..

6 years 8 months ago #534934 by Rebel guy

Attachments:
6 years 8 months ago #534936 by Alex
Hey bud, looks like your files may be corrupted.  Can you forward the photos to me please?  PM'ing you with my email address.  

Thanks!

Alex

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024