Hello from Mississippi!

2 months 1 week ago #700951 by Amanda DeAnne
I'm normally not good at introductions, but I'm going to attempt it now. :)

I'm 42 years old, and I've been interested in photography ever since I was very young. I do have an artistic background--I was a visual arts major for two semesters in college before switching fields of study--but  I've never had the opportunity for any formal training in photography. That being said, however, I enjoy learning from fellow artists, whether professional, rookie, or somewhere in between, and constructive criticism is awesome.

At this point in time, the only equipment I use are my trusty smartphone camera, a free online photo editor, and a lot of luck in getting decent photos. I hope to get a proper camera in the near future, but until that happens, I'm going to keep chugging along with what I have and just do the best I can.

Anyway, that's all for now. It's nice to meet y'all, and I hope to learn a lot on here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 1 week ago #701003 by Esseff
Hallo!

This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru

2 months 1 week ago #701127 by Joshua Atkins
Hello Amanda! Welcome to the site! You will meet great people here. 

2 months 1 week ago #701639 by Aaron Rogers
Wow! Welcome to the site! We are all so happy that you joined us here. 

2 months 3 days ago #702085 by Kira Minori
Have a good time learning here. Welcome to the site. 

2 months 2 days ago #702250 by Adam Wilson
:thumbsup:  Welcome! Welcome! 

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sony a6100 has been out for over a year now. In this long-term Sony a6100 review, learn all about its features, specs, price, and more.

Jan 13, 2021

The Panasonic G85 might be a few years old, but it still has the specs and features to make it a highly useful camera. Get all the details in this Panasonic G85 review.

Jan 12, 2021

The Olympus OM-D E-M1 I is pushing eight years old, but for budget-minded photographers, it represents excellent value in 2021.

Jan 08, 2021

The Fujifilm X100v is the latest in the X100 series of compact cameras. Does this new version improve on its predecessors? Find out in this in-depth review.

Dec 31, 2020
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

Not everyone is comfortable in front of the camera, but with these portrait photography tips, you'll learn surefire ways to help models relax and have fun.

Jan 18, 2021

It's easy to be inspired in photography, but sometimes you need some photography exercises to regain that creativity. Learn a few creative photography ideas in this guide.

Jan 18, 2021

One of the best things you can do for your photography business is to make it easier for your clients to pay you. Learn how you can do that with these simple photography business tips.

Jan 15, 2021

Canon EF lenses have a long-standing reputation for quality. And with an EF-RF adapter, you can continue using your EF lenses with an EOS R body.

Jan 15, 2021

Processing landscape photos takes a good amount of time and effort. By educating yourself on tips for processing landscape photos, you can make the most of your editing time.

Jan 14, 2021

I got my first metal print from Printique about six weeks ago. In this Printique metal print review, learn why this might be the best metal print I've ever gotten.

Jan 13, 2021

Use these highly effective real estate photography tips to take better images of properties that help improve its chances of getting sold.

Jan 13, 2021

The Sony a6100 has been out for over a year now. In this long-term Sony a6100 review, learn all about its features, specs, price, and more.

Jan 13, 2021