How to Get My Photographs into Hotel Rooms

1 year 1 month ago #749677 by Alaskan Thru the Lens
How do I begin to inquire about getting my photos into local motels or hotels?  Do they revamp their motiff every so often that would include new photographs or images?  How do I find out if there will be any new motels or hotels being built in my area?  Is there a particular type of company that helps handle this for the hotels that I would contact?  I'm in a small town in Alaska and have many photos from around the area that I think would be a nice touch for any room or foyer.  I also had an idea from my family about checking out the B&B's here as well.  Thanks for any advice.

Photo Comments
1 year 1 month ago #750255 by .fred
Hi,

I'm definitely not an expert on this but what I can tell and what I have done in the past (when I did videography gigs) and do right now (as a photographer), just straight send them an email explaining what you do, what is your ideia, the way it could benefit them decoration wise. Don't be afraid of contacting them that way or even Instagram, because I landed some gigs that way.

I guess if you're going that path you might as well have some sample photos for them to see what is your vision (pun intended)

I hope to have helped in some way.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alaskan Thru the Lens
1 year 4 weeks ago #750388 by Ava00
It's an excellent idea! Here are some ways of making it happen. Start by researching who is the decision-maker on interior decorations at the hotels or motels near you. Approaching them and offering to display local art and photography is a good start.

Hotels and motels typically update their interior décor every few years, including artwork and photography. So, there's always a possibility they may be interested in your images. You can also ask for information about upcoming renovation or remodeling plans.

If you want to know whether any new hotels or motels are being constructed, contact your local Chamber of Commerce or city planning department. They could provide information on new development projects that might require artwork and photography.

Hospitality art consultants and companies specialize in handling artwork placement in hotels so that you can try contacting them for assistance.
Lastly, check out B&Bs in the area. They may also be interested in showcasing your photography related to local attractions and areas of interest.

Remember, it's crucial to research and identify the right people to speak to. Showcasing your photography in local hotels and motels could be an excellent opportunity for you. So, take the plunge, and best of luck!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alaskan Thru the Lens

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024