Camera Review: Nikon D7000 vs Canon 60D

12 years 8 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #118040 by PhotographyTalk
So here the folks with DigitalRev compare the Nikon's D7000 to Canon's 60D . See some of the features of each camera along with discussion on the pro's and con's of each camera.

Enjoy!

Canon 60D Features
  • 18.0 Megapixel CMOS sensor and DIGIC 4 Imaging Processor for high image quality and speed
  • ISO 100 - 6400 (expandable to 12800) for shooting from bright to dim light
  • Improved EOS HD Video mode with manual exposure control, expanded recording, Movie Crop recording in 640 x 480, sound recording level adjustment and an external microphone IN terminal for access to improved sound quality
  • Vari-angle 3.0-inch Clear View LCD monitor for shooting at low angles and 1,040,000-dot VGA with reflection reduction using multi coating and high-transparency materials for bright and clear viewing
  • 5.3 fps continuous shooting up to approx. 58 Large/JPEGs and 16 RAW
  • 96% viewfinder coverage allowing you to see more of your image in the viewfinder
  • Enhanced iFCL 63-zone, Dual-layer metering system; and 9-point AF system utilizing a high-precision, f/2.8 cross-type center point
  • New convenient in-camera features allow you to convert RAW images into JPEGs and set the images to a 3:2 aspect ratio
  • Compatibility with SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards
  • Compatible with the full line of Canon EF and EF-S lenses

• More information...
on the Canon EOS 60D HERE.

Nikon D7000 Features
  • High Resolution 16.2 MP DX-format CMOS sensor for large prints and tight cropping
  • Breathtaking Full 1080p HD Movies with Full Time Autofocus and external stereo microphone jack to record cinematic-quality movies up to 20 minutes all enhanced by NIKKOR interchangeable lens quality and versatility
  • High Speed 6 frames per second continuous shooting up to 100 shots captures the most fleeting action
  • Dynamic ISO range from 100 to 6400 expandable to 25,600 (Hi2) lets you shoot in near darkness or slow down the action
  • Ground-breaking 2,016-pixel RGB (3D Color Matrix) sensor delivers more accurate control of light metering and optimizes the Scene Recognition System for exposure, white balance, focus tracking and iTTL flash control
  • Customizable 39 point AF System includes nine center cross-type sensors that operate with every AF NIKKOR lens so you can focus on making great images
  • EXPEED 2 image processing and 14-bit A/D Conversion provides smooth tones, rich colors, and fast camera performance
  • Compact but durable with magnesium-alloy top and rear covers, superior weather and dust seals and a 150,000 cycle-rated shutter system providing reliable operation
  • Large Bright Glass Pentaprism Optical Viewfinder with approx. 100% frame coverage and approx. 0.94x magnification
  • 3 Inch, 921,000-dot Super-Density LCD Monitor with 170 degree viewing delivers bright, crisp image playback, and precise Live View and Movie shooting
  • Twin SD Card Slots with SD, SDHC, SDXC memory card compatibility gives you options to keep on shooting or separate your NEF (RAW), JPEG and movie files
  • Built-in Speedlight flash with i-TTL and Wireless Commander support so you can light your subjects any way you like
  • Compact EN-EL15 Battery lets you shoot up to 1050 shots
  • Optional MB-D11 multi-power pack doubles your shooting time and battery choices while adding a vertical shutter-release and control dials to your camera
  • Built-in HDMI Connection lets you connect your camera right to your HDTV and playback with most HDTV remote controls
  • Two User Definable Settings (U1, U2) right on the Mode Selector Dial let you store most camera settings so you can go back to them at anytime without the need for further adjustments or menu settings
  • Active D-Lighting restores picture-enhancing detail in shadows and highlights
  • Picture Control lets you choose from Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Monochrome, Portrait, or Landscape to apply a personal look and feel to your pictures
  • Versatile Scene Modes lets you choose from Portrait, Landscape, Child, Sports, Close-up or Night Portrait for stunning results in otherwise challenging conditions
  • Virtual Horizon Graphic Indicator

For more information on the Nikon D7000 HERE.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ale_navak
12 years 8 months ago #118043 by MLKstudios
Kai is kool. :)

Matthew L Kees
MLK Studios Photography School
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]
"Every artist, was once an amateur"

12 years 8 months ago #118076 by PhotographyTalk

MLKstudios wrote: Kai is kool. :)

Agree, his humor makes some of these reviews fun to watch.

12 years 8 months ago #118244 by KCook
Video quality isn't shabby either B)

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

12 years 3 months ago #190897 by Papabear63
I just got the 60D and i love the camera

12 years 3 months ago #191017 by Stealthy Ninja
Holy Thread Resurrection Batman.
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #192557 by ggadget
We just compared the Nikon 7000 vs. Canon 7D and have heard people say great things about both cameras. Which one do you all like more?

***Link deleted***

12 years 3 months ago #192687 by g1na3

ggadget wrote: We just compared the Nikon 7000 vs. Canon 7D and have heard people say great things about both cameras. Which one do you all like more?

Well I am shooting a Nikon D5000, so I would probably say I would like the D7000 more, mainly because I am already familiar with Nikon and I really like the D5000.

11 years 5 months ago #259252 by M-C Simard
I'm sold to Nikon, so you know my answer ;)
11 years 5 months ago #259317 by frs882
i'm still a canon lover

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024