Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VR II lens

8 years 5 months ago #459767 by Benny13
I'm so close to buying this lens.  Can any of you give me that final nudge of advice that would help me make my decision? 

It's an investment, so I want to know I'm making a good decision.  Thank you.

Benny

Photo Comments
8 years 5 months ago #459772 by Shadowfixer1
Buy it. It's one of their best. You can never go wrong with good glass.
8 years 5 months ago #459894 by Office Guy
You won't be disappointed, the 70-200mm is a work horse and most likely will become your favorite lens!  

Photo Comments
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #459910 by Tim Dordeck
Oh yes, you are looking at an incredible lens!  I recommend this lens and then some.  I'm a Canon guy, but have used the Nikon version of this lens many times.  A good friend of mine has this lens.  He has a D4 and D800 that I have used too.  

Photo Comments
8 years 5 months ago #459922 by garyrhook

Benny13 wrote: I'm so close to buying this lens.  Can any of you give me that final nudge of advice that would help me make my decision? 

It's an investment, so I want to know I'm making a good decision.

It's not an investment. It's a tool. A very, very good tool.

You don't indicate what type of photography you do, or whether you need f/2.8 (vs. f/4), or whether the original model is a candidate vs. the latest. More context would be helpful.

All that said, I love mine and never regret for a moment the outlay. Of course, I got mine 2nd-hand from someone with more money than sense, and it was in pristine (almost unused) condition. CL can be your friend.

Just sayin'.

Photo Comments
8 years 5 months ago #459998 by Moe
I disagree, it's an investment, and a dang good one imo 

Photo Comments
8 years 5 months ago #460033 by Chrome
Perhaps its an investment into a good tool & as long as the tool does the job...

Photo Comments
8 years 5 months ago #460039 by Screamin Scott
I don't have it, nor do I need it. I do have the 80-200mm F2.8 D ED IF which suffices for my needs at a lot less money. Only you can decide whether or not you need this lens. For most people, it's overkill. That said, it is a really great lens with good features, but unless you intend to make a lot of large prints or have commercial jobs, other lenses may fit the bill.... Try renting one & see.

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
8 years 5 months ago #460118 by effron
Its the only lens I don't have I'd seriously like, other than a 600 f/4 or 800 f/4. Heavy, but that usually means good......;)

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Latest Articles

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024