Zeiss 35mm f/1.4 on Nikon D700?

8 years 3 weeks ago #475339 by J Photo Man

Photo Comments
8 years 3 weeks ago #475340 by Screamin Scott
Yes it will but the camera will only meter in manual & aperture priority modes. You will need to input the focal length & maximum aperture into the cameras memory banks so as to get proper EXIF info.

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
8 years 3 weeks ago #475418 by effron
How do you plan to use the lens? Its NOT very versatile, for a little less money you could have the 16-35 f/4 Nikon, which is really good on MY D700....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
8 years 3 weeks ago #475447 by Peter Nunez
If you are shooting a lot of landscapes, then this lens will be incredible one to have.  However as already pointed out, if you want to have more uses, then the 16-35mm that was mentioned might be a more versatile lens to have.  

Photo Comments
8 years 3 weeks ago #475594 by The Gardener
:drool:   if you have the cash, then go for it.  If this is a stretch, you can stretch your money else where and get more glass for the money.  However, IMO, the sharpness and speed that you would see from this killer lens, won't be there.  

Photo Comments
7 years 10 months ago #484300 by Scotty

effron wrote: How do you plan to use the lens? Its NOT very versatile, for a little less money you could have the 16-35 f/4 Nikon, which is really good on MY D700....

Zeiss makes amazing MF glass. :O

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
7 years 10 months ago #484357 by effron

Scotty wrote:

effron wrote: How do you plan to use the lens? Its NOT very versatile, for a little less money you could have the 16-35 f/4 Nikon, which is really good on MY D700....

My son just picked up the Zeiss 35 1.4 for his D750 and he gives it six out of five stars.....:)

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
7 years 10 months ago #484397 by Scotty

effron wrote:

Scotty wrote:

My son just picked up the Zeiss 35 1.4 for his D750 and he gives it six out of five stars.....:)

Yeah Zeiss is unreal once you get around the limitations of no AF and such.

The 21mm is on my list of top landscape lenses period.

Photo Comments
7 years 10 months ago #485581 by effron
That's a lot of lens, and fairly heavy. For a dedicated landscaper it looks great. (me thinking silly thoughts.....):drool:

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
7 years 10 months ago #485660 by Scotty

effron wrote: That's a lot of lens, and fairly heavy. For a dedicated landscaper it looks great. (me thinking silly thoughts.....):drool:

The micro contrast is amazing on that lens.

Photo Comments
7 years 10 months ago #485685 by effron
I just ordered one....(Was it a dream)?....:dry:

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
7 years 9 months ago #485906 by Scotty

effron wrote: I just ordered one....(Was it a dream)?....:dry:

I sure hope not.  I hope to get the 21mm one of these days.

Zeiss bliss.

Photo Comments
7 years 9 months ago #485939 by effron
Its in my cart at two vendors.....:S

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
7 years 9 months ago #485996 by Scotty

effron wrote: Its in my cart at two vendors.....:S

Sigma makes a nice 35 that's probably a lot cheaper

Photo Comments
7 years 9 months ago #486029 by effron
I have it covered quite well already, its the best or no go.....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024