Nikon D300: 24-70 2.8 | 70-200 2.8 VR |Sigma 150 2.8 | 50 1.4 | SB-800
Photo Comments
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #490948 by effron
I think that's a good purchase...

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
7 years 8 months ago #490997 by JaneK
Hmmmm new toys for the camera!  

That should be a fun lens to have.  You shoot landscapes?  

Photo Comments
7 years 7 months ago #491051 by KENT MELTON
Post up how you like the lens.  Sigma I have been reading is making some nice improvements in their glass.  I think the days of needing to buy OEM glass is become history. 

Photo Comments
7 years 7 months ago #491165 by Justin
+1 for Sigma.  Stay away from Tamron IMO 

Very nice to meet you!
Photo Comments
7 years 7 months ago #491737 by Pettigrew
A friend of mine has this lens, he uses it often for landscapes and I have to say, the lens does a good job.  Congrats on the new glass! 

Canon EOS 7D SLR | XT W/18-55 Kit Lens | Canon 50mm 1.8 | Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 | Canon 28-105mm | Canon 75-300mm | Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro | Canon 100-400
Photo Comments
7 years 7 months ago #491950 by Shadowfixer1
Evidently Sigma has upped their game. I've never had a lens of theirs I liked and kept very long.
7 years 7 months ago #492355 by effron

Shadowfixer1 wrote: Evidently Sigma has upped their game. I've never had a lens of theirs I liked and kept very long.

I owned Sigma 105 f/2.8  and 150 f/2.8 that were both great lenses, and sometimes wish I hadn't sold them. (my wife says I have a lens fetish...:unsure: )

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #492362 by Screamin Scott
Fetish ? Mine says I have an addiction (this photo was several years back & I still have most of them and have added more to the herd). These are only the Nikon F mount lenses and there are several Sigmas in there.

effron wrote:

Shadowfixer1 wrote: Evidently Sigma has upped their game. I've never had a lens of theirs I liked and kept very long.

I owned Sigma 105 f/2.8  and 150 f/2.8 that were both great lenses, and sometimes wish I hadn't sold them. (my wife says I have a lens fetish...:unsure: )

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
Attachments:
7 years 7 months ago #492404 by effron
This doesn't count my digital lenses, and about twenty five other Nikkors unattached to a body....You could be as sick as me....:P
btw, every one works well....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
Attachments:

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024