Release Date of Nikon D900 to have 80MP sensor

7 years 2 months ago #515040 by Neil Dulay
Holy @#$#$.  I have been reading some of the rumors where they are talking about Nikon releasing the D900 with somewhere around 70-80MP sensor?  With 4k video.  
Man, I was thinking about making an upgrade to the D810.  I'll be waiting for the D900!  Heck, can't be to far off, after all the D810 has been around since mid 2014.  So it can't be to far away.  

What do you think?  

Photo Comments
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #515044 by hghlndr6
I suspect that most people wouldn't be able to handle 80MP, let alone have a need for it.
7 years 2 months ago #515149 by Joves

Neil Dulay wrote: Holy @#$#$.  I have been reading some of the rumors 

:rofl:
There is the problem right there they are rumors. I would take them with a block of salt. As Ernest pointed out in another thread about releases for this year, the models being put out are the 820, 6, and 600. I find those to be more probable. It is like the rumor that Nikon is up for sale.

7 years 2 months ago #515161 by Adam G
WOW 80MP, can you image the memory card needed?!  

Photo Comments
7 years 2 months ago #515163 by Screamin Scott
Not just the memory card ,but the HDD in the computer & backup.... That said, I seriously doubt a FX format sensor will have that many MP's... The pixels on the sensor would be too small to be of much value...

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
7 years 2 months ago #515172 by effron
Ignore the silly rumors, buy the D810, which is probably much more camera than you need....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: fmw
7 years 2 months ago #515203 by Alex
:agree:   I own a D810 and will say it's a fantastic camera.  Highly recommend.  

Now moving forward, I was just talking to a PhaseOne photographer yesterday and he was telling me the photos he is able to get from his camera is northwards 150MP.

Talk about huge file sizes!  

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
7 years 2 months ago #515204 by Alex
Now adding a log on the fire of the D820, D850 or D900 (or what ever they call the next in line to the D810),  I don't think Nikon would go with Sony's 42MP sensor.  After all where is the sizzle with a sensor that has been around for a number of years.  Giving them another 'Me to' camera.  Many of the camera manufactures prime buyers and focus marketing efforts around "MP" so heavily... consumers are going to expect and need to see something hefty to get excited about parting from their existing cameras and shelling out some likely big bucks for this new camera.  

If any of the rumors are correct with Nikon, they need a home run.  I'm sure they'll most likely focus on some of the other cameras they have.  However seeing we are talking about this camera... I'd bet they would go north bound of 50MP, just to gain their thrown back from Canon.  So 70MP+ sounds plausible.  

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
7 years 2 months ago #515377 by Richard K Photography
Wasn't the latest rumor that Sony was to buy Nikon?

Photo Comments
7 years 2 months ago #515440 by effron
Sony going to buy Amazon as well.....(I like rumors)

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
7 years 2 months ago #515481 by Ontherocks
Sony is going to buy Trump.   lol  couldn't resist that one.  

Photo Comments
6 years 10 months ago #528783 by Ian Stone
Should be any day now.  Nikon D900, seems like the logical path for next name.  

Photo Comments
6 years 10 months ago #528833 by effron
Nikon and numbering "logic" have no place in the same sentence....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
6 years 1 week ago - 6 years 1 week ago #577233 by Maxzz
I'm waiting for some interesting announcements from Nikon. Maybe FX without mirrors or D820. This can happen after Sony releases its megapixel camera (about 70-100 MP), as Nikon buys sensors from Sony. But also I'm wondering, is it worth buying D810 or is this camera only for super-professionals?
But for beginners, I would advise you to check it out!
6 years 1 week ago #577555 by effron
Sony makes most of Nikon's sensors, to Nikon specs....Outsourcing is not a rarity.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maxzz

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024