D820 (?) 46MP sensor....

7 years 3 weeks ago #521314 by effron
nikonrumors.com/2017/02/07/new-rumors-ni...d820-with-46mp.aspx/

Just a rumor, but we may see something in April following the Nikon worldwide  inventory. So, who here might jump on that?

Myself, I'll stand pat on the D800 until something comes along that doesn't just improve a half stop DR, or a little noise control but actually blows my near five year old body away!

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
7 years 3 weeks ago #521332 by Screamin Scott
Since I just got a D610, it won't be me....

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
7 years 3 weeks ago #521372 by effron
I was in an interesting thread yesterday, and many gear heads are threatening to go Canon if Nikon doesn't hit one out of the park, and soon. There were also Canonites making the same demands, vowing to go Nikon or Sony, etc.....I was called out defending the products of all makers, and questioning the impatience. Look at the improvements in last ten years, amazing to me....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
7 years 3 weeks ago #521383 by Screamin Scott
With the size of the sensor, improvements have to be in other areas as opposed to more MP's

Scott Ditzel Photography

Photo Comments
7 years 3 weeks ago #521404 by effron
Yup, I'm shooting older gear now but I can't see them improving my stuff enough for a three thousand dollar upgrade. Don't need a faster burst count, my D800 is great for night shots and controls noise well. I don't need a 46MP sensor either....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
7 years 3 weeks ago #521474 by Trisha.M
Surprised they didn't pack more into the new model.  Oh wait, I'm on the Canon side of things.   Seriously though, my brother shoots Nikon and he was just talking about this rumored update yesterday.  If this is correct, Nikon is swaying on the conservative side for this one.

Photo Comments
7 years 3 weeks ago #521502 by tejbon
Kind of expected more from Nikon with the new D8??.  

Hopefully just rumors here and the final released camera will be a big leap forward.  

Photo Comments
7 years 3 weeks ago #521520 by effron
More of what? These things are amazing to me....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
7 years 3 weeks ago #521598 by Ira Weber

Screamin Scott wrote: With the size of the sensor, improvements have to be in other areas as opposed to more MP's

The problem is the improvements don't warrant excitement.  It's like buying a new care because the manufacture stuck a new cup holder in it.  

Photo Comments
7 years 3 weeks ago #521599 by Screamin Scott
Actually, it depends on what the improvement is. A newer processing engine would be one thing, A new button ? maybe not so much...

Scott Ditzel Photography

Photo Comments
7 years 3 weeks ago #521607 by effron
Yeah, if they can give us another three stops or so DR, and maybe a few stops better high ISO, I'd be interested. Like I said before, I don't need more MPs, but I got hammered elsewhere by gear heads that demand 72MP, or else!

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
7 years 3 weeks ago #521613 by Screamin Scott
More megapixels crowded onto the same size sensor wouldn't improve anything...

Scott Ditzel Photography

Photo Comments
7 years 3 weeks ago #521616 by effron
It actually makes hand holding more challenging. I did a casual wedding last year and chose my D700 over the D800 for that reason, and because the D700 is a bit better in low light.....I wonder what some of the impatient gear heads shoot?

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
7 years 3 weeks ago #521657 by ThatNikonGuy
Pass.  I'm kind of disappointed with Nikon lately.  They just aren't raising the bar like they used to. 

Photo Comments
7 years 2 weeks ago #521689 by effron
Curious, what do you want? What bar needs raising?

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024