D820 (?) 46MP sensor....

7 years 5 days ago #523985 by Joves

ThatNikonGuy wrote: Pass.  I'm kind of disappointed with Nikon lately.  They just aren't raising the bar like they used to. 

Really!?
I think that people have gone nuts. What we now have are quality products over what was out there before. The bar has gone high enough that raising it substantially is becoming a Herculean task. The areas that truly need improvement are the hardest ones to accomplish. Cameras, and imaging devices are at a point where any improvement is incremental. They seem to be defying Moores Law of technological improvement advancing at greater rates for less money.
I will say that the only reason that the Sony releases look so much better is that Sony had quite a ways to go to catch up. The Sony phanbois are really getting old.
Personally I think that what is out there is great, and that the only problem is an unrealistic public that expects to be wowed with every new product. That is not how life worked until recent history. I think those that see everything as bleh go out and shoot some film for a while to get some realistic perspective.

7 years 5 days ago #523988 by Screamin Scott
Shoot film ? They would sing a different tune for sure... 

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
7 years 5 days ago #523998 by effron
Nikon's been striping it lately, the impatience is puzzling.....GREAT gear!

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
7 years 4 days ago #524063 by ThatNikonGuy
Seriously?  The D800/D810 has been sitting still for a number of years.  Look at Sony's new a9 released.  Now there's a leap forward in technology and features to the a7.  

Don't get me wrong, I'm a die hard Nikon fan.  Did my username give it away?  But seriously would be nice to see some big steps forward. 

Sorry for the rant.  

Photo Comments
7 years 4 days ago - 7 years 4 days ago #524082 by effron
The D750 was a nice move, the D500 as well, the new D7500.... D800/D810/D810a series moving nicely. Again, what do you want/need Nikon hasn't provided?
....and you're still shooting the D300?

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
7 years 4 days ago #524092 by Screamin Scott
Give them time. All of the manufacturers leapfrog each other when it comes to new features. Personally, more MP isn't that big of a deal. And yeah, still shooting with a D300 ?

Scott Ditzel Photography

Photo Comments
7 years 4 days ago #524101 by Joves
TNG it is not that the rant bothers me, but it is that I keep seeing this same rant all over the place, about new models across the board. Here is a hint Sony while they look impressive, are not really, but it seems that everyone is treating them like the wonder child. Nothing about the Sony specs like everyone elses have not blown my kilt up enough to go out, and buy them.
I got off the upgrade, and buying frenzy with the D300, and will quite frankly use it till it dies. It is at that point that I will worry about what is out there. But I am telling you right now that they are full of new improvements over my current rig. But not enough to make me go gaga over them. Besides by the time this one dies there may be something that may come along that is major. That is the great thing about not upgrading, and that is you really can sit back, and not really care about the advertising.

7 years 4 days ago #524122 by effron
Yeah, I'm probably shooting my current gear till it dies or I do. I don't care about FPS, so where's a three thousand dollar reason for me to upgrade my D800?
My D7100 pretty much covers all I need in a pretty light camera as well.....I'm also yet to be blown away....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
7 years 1 day ago #524449 by Jim Photo
Can you imagine what 150MP photos would look like, or rather how far you could zoom into them?  LOL  That's nuts!

Photo Comments
7 years 23 hours ago #524501 by Screamin Scott

Jim Photo wrote: Can you imagine what 150MP photos would look like, or rather how far you could zoom into them?  LOL  That's nuts!

With the same sensor size, the added MP's would not yield as good of a result as you might think., unless they improved the photoreceptors as well. Plus, the resultant file size would mean you would need huge memory cards & hard drives in your computer, as well as more RAM & a faster processor.

Scott Ditzel Photography

Photo Comments
7 years 21 hours ago #524514 by effron
Also, more pixels stuffed into the same size sensor makes for more noise, and begs  more attention to technique. My D800 requires more thought to shoot hand held, I prefer that body on a tripod....
That 36 PM is more than I need already....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
6 years 11 months ago #524766 by J Photo Man
But your D800 has less noise at higher ISO levels right?

Photo Comments
6 years 11 months ago #524784 by effron
Much less noise than the D7100, even at 800 ISO. The full frame bodies usually do better....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
6 years 11 months ago #525789 by Jason Stevens
Well find out here soon enough.  Should see something exciting coming from Nikon this year.  

Photo Comments
6 years 11 months ago #525803 by effron
Maybe this month....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024