Nikon D750 owners, how do you like your camera?

6 years 3 weeks ago #574829 by ThatNikonGuy
Time to upgrade my older D300, and put some serious thought in the the D750.

Can I get your opinion on this camera from an owner standpoint?  

Photo Comments
6 years 3 weeks ago #574834 by garyrhook
Love. It. Could not be happier.

I test-drove a D810 for a 10-day vacation. Chose the D750 at the time. I'll probably get a D850 in the future, but the D750 is an awesome camera.

Chatted with a photographer working a wedding, who was carrying a D810 and a D750. Admitted to preferring the D750.

Anecdotal evidence, but you asked.

If you're not sure, spend the money to rent for a test drive. There isn't much that the D8xx offers above the D750, except for more pixels. You might not need them.

And don't forget the need for more compute power ;-)

Photo Comments
6 years 3 weeks ago #574844 by effron
My son owns one and loves it. They can be had for surprisingly little right now, its a lot of camera....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
6 years 1 week ago #576926 by Vespista
My neighbor just bought a second-hand one and loves it.
I have to say; it's features and performance makes my D810 sit up and take notice!

Photo Comments
6 years 1 week ago #577556 by effron
I just passed a good deal on a D750. A good thing the wife was with me...(giving me the evil eye)

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
6 years 2 days ago #578618 by KurtKGledhill
I bought the D750 with the 24-120mm kit lens and I have to say I didn’t bond with the camera at all. I sold it after 3 months. 
The output of the files are amazing don’t get me wrong. Image quality, resolution etc but the actual feel of the camera just wasn’t right. The kit lens is sharp in the middle but blurs out quite a bit towards the edges and the distortion is ridiculous. 
Its hard to explain but for me in my opinion a camera has to feel right physically and mentally in your hand and the D750 just felt wrong in both ways. I’m now shooting with the D300s and it is so much more enjoyable. Currently saving for a D500 (which I should have bought in the first place) or a D4.

5 years 7 months ago #602771 by Bill-Blurton
Just bought mine a week ago.  Using the Nikon af-s 70-300 VR and absolutely love it.

4 years 2 months ago #677077 by PO_1987
I liked it. Unfortunately, it does not work anymore, and Customer Service of Nikon in Europe (NL) really sucks.

The D750 has experienced repeated manufacturing issues. Some cameras have been recalled but not all: even amoung the cameras which are not on the recall list, some present the defect. At 1/4 of its expected lifetime, the shutter will fail...
In my case, Nikon is not willing to take the responsibility for it because the camera has not an european serial number.

4 years 1 month ago #677450 by effron

PO_1987 wrote: The D750 has experienced repeated manufacturing issues.

I've never seen a recall of the D750.....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #677452 by Nikon Shooter
I have to admit that I can not understand your thinking process
Kurt. D750, D300, D500, and D4… Hard to follow, isn't it!

I get it with the ergonomics of it there is so much more different
aspect to all these.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #677457 by garyrhook

PO_1987 wrote: The D750 has experienced repeated manufacturing issues. Some cameras have been recalled but not all: even amoung the cameras which are not on the recall list, some present the defect. At 1/4 of its expected lifetime, the shutter will fail...
In my case, Nikon is not willing to take the responsibility for it because the camera has not an european serial number.

The D750 suffered from a design flaw that resulted in unwanted flare when shooting towards a strong light source. It got fixed pretty quickly. There is also a current advisory for a shutter problem (thanks for the reminder... I am sending mine off for repair).

I'm unaware of "repeated" problems, however.

As for your serial number, Nikon is notorious for requiring that products go back to their original country of sale for service work. That's why we don't like gray market purchases. Not sure if that restriction constitutes "suckage" but it does mean inconvenience.

Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #677492 by effron

garyrhook wrote: The D750 suffered from a design flaw that resulted in unwanted flare when shooting towards a strong light source. It got fixed pretty quickly. There is also a current advisory for a shutter problem (thanks for the reminder... I am sending mine off for repair).

If they fix those things at no cost to owner, there should be no fear of buying a D750......

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #677501 by garyrhook

effron wrote:

garyrhook wrote: The D750 suffered from a design flaw that resulted in unwanted flare when shooting towards a strong light source. It got fixed pretty quickly. There is also a current advisory for a shutter problem (thanks for the reminder... I am sending mine off for repair).

If they fix those things at no cost to owner, there should be no fear of buying a D750......

Exactly. I'm glad a followed up on this, because mine is eligible for a fix related to the shutter. Might explain some odd behavior I experienced last October. Sent the body off today.

Of course, this is all for a US model D750.

Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #677516 by effron

garyrhook wrote: Of course, this is all for a US model D750.

Ouch! Poor Euros.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #677802 by picaspec
I know its an older model, however it just such a powerful camera. The image quality is outstanding.  I bought it a year ago and absolutely love it. 

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024