AF-S Nikkor 500mm f/5.6E PF ED VR

5 years 10 months ago #587406 by ThatNikonGuy
It's coming, rumorville have finally given us a rumor to look forward to with Nikon!!

Photo Comments
5 years 10 months ago #587418 by Screamin Scott
Someone buy it for me please.... God knows I can't afford it...

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
5 years 10 months ago #587443 by G Vernon
Or the 600mm 5.6 PF which is also due to be released this year :-)

Photo Comments
5 years 10 months ago #587446 by Screamin Scott

GJ-Vernon wrote: Or the 600mm 5.6 PF which is also due to be released this year :-)

Forget the 500mm, buy this one for me instead...LOL

Scott Ditzel Photography

Photo Comments
5 years 10 months ago #587463 by effron
I'm preordering two, unless I come to my senses, expect one coming your way!

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
5 years 10 months ago #587468 by Screamin Scott
I just won an auction today on a Tamron 150-600 g2 for $557 so I’ll pass for now

Scott Ditzel Photography

Photo Comments
5 years 10 months ago #587486 by effron
That's a well received lens, hope its in good shape...I would have come to my senses anyway, me thinks.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
5 years 10 months ago #587597 by sierracharlie338
Wonder what the sticker price would be...

Photo Comments
5 years 10 months ago #587604 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day fellas

All's good .... however I am already running a 600mm F2,8 system, and I can assure it's bluddy-great in lots of low light situations

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

5 years 10 months ago #587708 by garyrhook

Ozzie_Traveller wrote: G'day fellas

All's good .... however I am already running a 600mm F2,8 system, and I can assure it's bluddy-great in lots of low light situations

Um, who makes a 600mm f/2.8 lens?

Photo Comments
5 years 10 months ago #587711 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day Gary

I'm joshing you a bit here - as you are expecting it to be a Nikon lens ... and it's the lens as fitted to the Panasonic FZ-200 / FZ-300 superzoom cameras

It's a remarkably sharp Leica designed lens and outperforms some others I have played with

Phil

5 years 10 months ago #587716 by garyrhook
There's that stupid "equivalency" thing again. 24x on a tiny sensor: got it. Not 600mm equivalent, just magnification factor. Which is fine.

I googled for a 600mm f/2.8 and got bupkis. Not just Nikon, anything. Thus my confusion.

Panasonic working with Leica for their glass was/is, IMO, a very wise decision on their part. I had an FZ-10 (or 20?) that served me well until l outgrew it. Managed to create some very good images despite not knowing what I was doing.

Photo Comments
5 years 10 months ago #587731 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day mate

Yeah - equivalents vs equivalents ... I seem to recollect from somewhere else the Panny zoom lens goes from a 75deg angle-of-view at one end to 7,5deg angle-of-view at the other end, supposedly the equivalent in a 35mm film camera from 25mm+/- wide to 600mm+/- at the tele end

I certainly use it at its long end and at f2,8 in all sorts of low light scenarios and am happy with the results
Phil

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024