Nikon mirrorless camera with front facing LCD screen?

8 months 2 weeks ago #658273 by Todd Floyd
Does Nikon have any mirrorless cameras on the horizon with a front facing LCD screen?  I have a vlog I'm setting up where I'm going to be interviewing people.  Having that front facing screen will be helpful.  

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 months 2 weeks ago #658281 by Nikon Shooter
Not on higher end models I suspect!

Light is free… capturing it is not!
This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
Photo Comments

8 months 2 weeks ago #658299 by Shadowfixer1
No. Tilt only.

8 months 2 weeks ago - 8 months 2 weeks ago #658300 by Piechura
Most camera manufacturers have an app that allows you to use your phone as a screen, which you can then attach to your camera using a bracket. There are also third party apps. I've never tried it myself, but have a look at some video tutorials to see if it's a viable option. From what I've seen, it's not going to be as responsive or live as a normal screen, but it can be useful to check focus before recording, for example.

But yeah, I think Canon have the only full frame mirrorless camera with a forward-facing screen at the moment.

8 months 2 weeks ago #658312 by garyrhook
Canon has a number of APS-C sensor models with a fully articulated screen, as well as the 6D mk II (full frame). For Nikon, only the D5xxx series has that feature.

Mirrorless, we presume you mean the Z series for Nikon, and no, there's no fully articulated screen on the Z6 or Z7.

Honestly, if you want to vlog, why look at either of those? Why not Panasonic? Better video, interchangeable lenses, all the features you need. Even 4K only requires, at best, a 12MP sensor. Or do you expect your video situation to be so extreme as to require extraordinary low-light capabilities? Or something else?

N.B. I'm a "right tool for the job" person, not a "latest and greatest" person.

Photo Comments

8 months 2 weeks ago #658388 by ThatNikonGuy
1000% go for the GH5 from Panasonic.  

Photo Comments

8 months 1 week ago #658843 by JaneK
But if you go with the GH5, the smaller sensor isn't good at low light and photos won't have resolution or sharpness from larger full frame options.  

No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments

8 months 1 week ago #658870 by Shadowfixer1

JaneK wrote: But if you go with the GH5, the smaller sensor isn't good at low light and photos won't have resolution or sharpness from larger full frame options.  

Have you ever shot with one? Just curious.

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm X-T4 was released just a couple of months ago and represents a nice update to the X-T3. In this Fujifilm X-T4 review, we'll discuss specs, features, build, handling, and more.

May 20, 2020

Not sure if the Canon 5Ds R is right for you in 2020? Let us help you decide with this detailed Canon 5Ds R review.

May 20, 2020

Is the Fujifilm GFX 50S medium format camera the right choice for you? Find out in this quick review of its specs, build quality, video capabilities, and more.

May 18, 2020

In the Fujifilm X-T2 vs Fujifulm X-T3 battle, which one comes out on top? These cameras are evenly matched, yet have distinct advantages all their own.

May 05, 2020

Latest Articles

What is a graduated ND filter? Do you know how to use a graduated ND filter? If not, check out this landscape photography tutorial!

May 21, 2020

My favorite drone is the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. But after spending the last few weeks playing with the Mavic Air 2, I've come to the conclusion that it's the best drone you can buy for less than $1,000.

May 21, 2020

There are more ways to carry camera gear than the strap that came with your camera. Give one of these beautiful, well-made, comfortable options a try.

May 20, 2020

The Fujifilm X-T4 was released just a couple of months ago and represents a nice update to the X-T3. In this Fujifilm X-T4 review, we'll discuss specs, features, build, handling, and more.

May 20, 2020

Offering your clients a high-quality photo album is a great idea. Offering them bespoke photo album add-ons is an even better option!

May 20, 2020

Not sure if the Canon 5Ds R is right for you in 2020? Let us help you decide with this detailed Canon 5Ds R review.

May 20, 2020

In this Snaptiles vs Mixtiles comparison, learn which photo tile is better from a build quality standpoint and ease of use.

May 19, 2020

Is the Fujifilm GFX 50S medium format camera the right choice for you? Find out in this quick review of its specs, build quality, video capabilities, and more.

May 18, 2020