Good price on used Nikon Z6 from MPB

4 years 6 months ago #660812 by Ted Baker
I came close to buying one from NewEgg till I noticed the awesome price of $1482 was for International model.  What do you think of this Z6 on found on MPB  https://www.mpb.com/en-us/used-equipment/used-photo-and-video/used-digital-slr-cameras/used-nikon-digital-slr-cameras/nikon-z6/sku-865935/

The only thing I can't seem to find is the shutter count.  :huh:

Photo Comments
4 years 6 months ago #660841 by Nikon Shooter
I am not commenting on the Z6 but I did business
with MPB in England for my European students and
all went smooth and fine!

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ted Baker
4 years 6 months ago #660856 by effron
The shutter count is in the camera's data, maybe ask MPB? Also, if they have a thirty day guarantee you can run a count when you receive it.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
4 years 6 months ago #660867 by garyrhook
MPB is the European counterpart to KEH, with offices in the UK and NY. Reputable.

So someone bought a Z6 and either didn't like it, or upgraded right away. Interesting. :dry:

Since they're European, how are you sure that's a US model? And have you asked them about the shutter count? They'll probably tell you.

Photo Comments
4 years 6 months ago #660918 by Ottis
But wouldn't it being US or international model be irrelevant when buying used?  Warranties aren't transferable or are they?  Well besides, it only has 1 year from Nikon, unless a 2 year extended warranty was bought, and places like KEH and as I just noticed from MPB, offer 6 month warranty.  So chances are high that their warranty would extend beyond factory warranty.   

Photo Comments
4 years 6 months ago #660977 by garyrhook

Ottis wrote: But wouldn't it being US or international model be irrelevant when buying used?  Warranties aren't transferable or are they?  Well besides, it only has 1 year from Nikon, unless a 2 year extended warranty was bought, and places like KEH and as I just noticed from MPB, offer 6 month warranty.  So chances are high that their warranty would extend beyond factory warranty.   

Nikon USA might not touch a non-US product for repairs, period. Warranty or not. I don't know, I'd call and ask.

Photo Comments
4 years 6 months ago #661003 by effron

Ottis wrote: But wouldn't it being US or international model be irrelevant when buying used?     

Not irrelevant to Nikon repair. Good advice in previous post, call Nikon and ask.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
4 years 6 months ago #661142 by Shadowfixer1

garyrhook wrote: MPB is the European counterpart to KEH, with offices in the UK and NY. Reputable.

So someone bought a Z6 and either didn't like it, or upgraded right away. Interesting. :dry:

Since they're European, how are you sure that's a US model? And have you asked them about the shutter count? They'll probably tell you.

I'm pretty sure whatever stock is on one side of the pond stays on that side of the pond. If you check both U.S. and UK sites, the stock is different. The advice about international products (grey market) still pertains. Nikon won't service international even if you want to pay for the service. It would have to be sent back to place of origin which for Nikon would be Japan.
4 years 6 months ago #663074 by Rawley Photos
I forget if it was MPB or KEH, one of these guys last holiday season offered 12 month warranties vs the normal 6 month.  Just saying, you might want to keep an eye on both used retailers around the holidays.  

Photo Comments
4 years 6 months ago #663435 by effron

Rawley Photos wrote: , one of these guys last holiday season offered 12 month warranties vs the normal 6 month.

It was KEH, but MPB may have offered the 12 month as well....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #663566 by Ian Stone
There are price cuts till end of month on many Nikons, including the Z6 here.  

Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #663720 by effron

Ian Stone wrote: There are price cuts till end of month on many Nikons, including the Z6 here.  

I saw that at KEH, got me looking too.....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #663966 by Ted Baker
Hey guys, my apologies!  I forgot I asked this question here.  How can get I notified when people respond to my threads here?

Where are you seeing these price cuts?  Are you talking new or used?

Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #663986 by garyrhook

Ted Baker wrote: I forgot I asked this question here.  How can get I notified when people respond to my threads here?

The yellow "Reply Topic" button at top left/bottom right (not the ones below each post) have a "subscribe" option.

When you start the thread there's a "check this box to be notified of replies to this topic" option at the bottom.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024