Best Nikon full frame camera for the money 2019

4 years 3 months ago #670257 by Mason Katz
I'm going to make the jump and already listed my D7100 up for sale.  I'm thinking the D810, D750 or Z6. Will the SB-5000 flash I have work on the mirrorless Z6 if I end up getting that camera?  

Photo Comments
4 years 3 months ago #670260 by effron
The D810 is still a lot of camera and you can get them "cheap". That would be my pick.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
4 years 3 months ago #670266 by Roger Lang
I would suggest the Z6.  I was in the exact same boat as you.  Matter of fact I still have my D7100, and I also own the Z6.  The Z6 just feels better, the photos are amazing, if you will be shooting video, the video is bad ass.  You will need to invest in new glass.  If you have the adapter, you don't need to.  However I used the adapter just a few times, I don't like the added length it added to my set up.  

Photo Comments
4 years 3 months ago #670285 by effron
" Will the SB-5000 flash I have work on the mirrorless Z6 if I end up getting that camera?  "

Nikon is pretty good about backward compatibility, I think you'd be fine.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
4 years 3 months ago #670286 by garyrhook

Mason Katz wrote: I'm going to make the jump and already listed my D7100 up for sale.  I'm thinking the D810, D750 or Z6. Will the SB-5000 flash I have work on the mirrorless Z6 if I end up getting that camera?  

If you would go to the Nikon site, Mirrorless, Z6 (Learn More), then Accessories, then Speedlights, you see that the SB-5000 is listed as compatible.

Photo Comments
4 years 3 months ago #670952 by Nikon Shooter
I would suggest enthusiastically the D810.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
4 years 3 months ago #670956 by garyrhook

Nikon Shooter wrote: I would suggest enthusiastically the D810.

Currently, the D850 is on sale for less than the D810. And even when not on sale, the D850 is a better value for a $300 US (10%) difference in price.

The Z7 is even less (as of this writing).

The OP hasn't really done his homework.

Value-wise, of those listed by the OP, the best value is the D750. A great camera at a really low price.

Photo Comments
4 years 3 months ago #670959 by Nikon Shooter

garyrhook wrote: Currently…

My suggestion was within the eye-balled options by the OP.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
4 years 3 months ago #670966 by effron
The D810 is a good camera, but I agree with Hook, for the small difference in current values the D850 would be my choice.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024