Quicker charge for Nikon D7000 batteries

4 years 2 months ago #674483 by Tim Giertz
I don't know if it makes much sense, but this is my first camera and I know it's old.  I only have one battery, but I hope to upgrade to something newer towards summer time when I have gained more experience.  Till then if i forget to charge the battery or I go out, the battery doesn't last long and there have been times when I needed to cancel going out because the battery was low.  Is there a quick charger for these sort of batteries that you would recommend? 

4 years 2 months ago #674484 by Screamin Scott
There may be a”quick” charger but a “quick charger will shorten the life of the battery even quicker. Trickle chargers are better for battery life. I’d suggest just getting an inexpensive 3rd party battery till you upgrade the camera.

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
4 years 2 months ago #674497 by garyrhook
+1 on getting another battery. Unfortunately, they wear out.

You can get a 3rd party battery on Amazon for $20.

Photo Comments
4 years 2 months ago #674521 by effron
That battery is long in the tooth, get another.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
4 years 2 months ago #674661 by Nikon Shooter
Higher charging conditions are more compatible
with higher Ampere capacity charging units.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
4 years 2 months ago #674704 by Brachenland
About the only thing I can offer is, I purchase two batteries for my Canon M6 and I carry a variety of charged for all types of situations. Wall charges, car chargers and an Anker pod (lipstick canister size) charger for on the go on the pot charging. But one has to realize that extreme weather conditions will drain the battery even those you might have in reserve. Like I charged my cell phone yesterday morning and by this morning (because I went outside) the battery had died. I think I ideally, manufactures need to create an external charging system where as batteries do not need to be removed but charging devices could be plugged in if needed at any time.

Photo Comments
4 years 2 months ago #675860 by effron
Actually, a new battery is a no brainer, the D7000 uses the same en-el 15b, like the D850 and a lot of camera bodies in between. Be not afraid!

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #677454 by Nikon Shooter
Faster chargers are defined by their CC in A. (charging current in
amperes) up to 2Cs for lithium cells… no more. If any stronger, you
should feel the pack and check for bad consequence warming.

When it is equipped with a maintenance mode, it will not affect
the life time of cells or pack.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024