Canon EOS RP vs Nikon Z6

7 months 1 week ago #676163 by TGonzo
A close friend is getting into photography and is torn between these two cameras.  I don't know enough to advise them on which direction to go.  I'm posting this thread and sending them the URL.  I figured one of you could better help her in making a decision. 

She wants to get into street photography if that makes any difference.  

Thank you

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 months 1 week ago #676164 by garyrhook
Easy: neither. There's still shutter lag.

She should consider other camera body types (micro 4/3, etc) if weight is a concern (and with which mirrorless full frame bodies don't really help...)

Photo Comments

7 months 1 week ago #676169 by TGonzo
You thinking like a GH5? 

BTW thank you

Photo Comments

7 months 1 week ago #676195 by Shadowfixer1
I'm afraid I disagree with Gary on the shutter lag statement. Either one is fine but the Z6 is a better camera than the RP. There are a lot of people that shoot Fuji for street. Smaller cameras draw less attention when doing street. I shoot with Olympus so my rig doesn't look as intimidating as a full frame camera. The best answer is almost any camera will be good enough. Handle all candidates, study the whole system and decide. The system is the important thing in the long run. Bodies come and go but lenses and other items remain. That's why the system is the most important. Lens focal length, aperture, size and weight should be taken into consideration. Whichever system has more of what you want, that is the system to go with, if you like any of their camera bodies.  

7 months 1 week ago #676217 by TGonzo
I don't think she has considered either Fuji or Olympus, are there any specific models you would recommend in that under $2000 price point? 

:beerbang:

Photo Comments

7 months 1 week ago #676222 by effron

Shadowfixer1 wrote: The best answer is almost any camera will be good enough. 

That's a ten four.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

7 months 1 week ago #676230 by Shadowfixer1
Fuji XT-3, Fuji XT-30, Fuji XE-3, Olympus E-M1 MKII, Olympus E-M5 MKIII, Panasonic G-9, G-95 and others. The lenses for Olympus and Panasonic will be much smaller and lighter. They will all be smaller and lighter than lenses for the RP or Z6.

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Pentax K-1 Mark II is an affordable full frame camera with many excellent features including in-body image stabilization. But is it the camera for you? Find out in this review!

Sep 21, 2020

The Canon 7D Mark II might be more than five years old, but for sports and wildlife photographers, it's still a great - and affordable - option.

Sep 15, 2020

The Canon PowerShot G5 X II is a high-end compact camera. The question is, is it the right camera for you? Find out in this Canon PowerShot G5 X II review.

Sep 09, 2020

This detailed Olympus OM-D E-M1X review will introduce you to the features, specs, pros, cons, and more of this high-powered sports and action photography camera.

Sep 07, 2020

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The camera bag that was on the top of my best camera bags of 2020 list just got an update and is now even better!

Sep 24, 2020

With a budget of $5,000, you can get incredible gifts for photographers this holiday season.

Sep 22, 2020

Partnerships in photography are crucial to the success of your business. If you want to make it as a photographer, you need other people to help you out!

Sep 22, 2020

Canon's RF lineup of lenses is stacked with superb lenses. But which ones are the top Canon EOS R5 lenses? Find out in this list!

Sep 22, 2020

variable ND filters, uses for variable nd filters, neutral density filters, variable neutral density filters, what is a variable nd filter, why you need a variable nd filter

Sep 21, 2020

Use these photography business tips to expand the reach of your business to new clients and retain the clients you already have.

Sep 21, 2020

To get better at photography, you need to learn how to improve your photos. And to do that, you need to practice essential photography skills. Here's some projects that will help you do just that.

Sep 21, 2020

The Pentax K-1 Mark II is an affordable full frame camera with many excellent features including in-body image stabilization. But is it the camera for you? Find out in this review!

Sep 21, 2020