LCD screen on Nikon D750 is dead

2 years 1 month ago #734302 by Kelly Lambert
OK, my Saturday isn't starting off as I would like.  The LCD screen on the back of my camera (D750) will not come on.  I'm able to view things through the viewfinder, take photos, but  nothing is working to get the LCD screen to come on.  

Has this happened and any suggestions? I've pressed the live view button, but that isn't working.  

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide!  

Kelly 

Nikon D700: 50mm, 14-24mm, 85mm, 105mm 70-200mm, 150-500mm (Sigma), SB-900
Photo Comments
2 years 1 month ago #734317 by Scotty
Send it into canon services or upgrade to a used d800 for cheap.

You can also reset camera’s defaults in the menu to see if the software is glitching out.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #734319 by r1ch

Kelly Lambert wrote: ] I'm able to view things through the viewfinder, take photos, but  nothing is working to get the LCD screen to come on. 
Has this happened and any suggestions? I've pressed the live view button, but that isn't working. 
Thank you for any help you may be able to provide! 
sKelly 

d

Sorry, the info I posted here were problems with the D700 and it seemed to be a known issue.... Not the d750. Thought it appears to happen sometimes with the 750 as well but not very often.

2 years 1 month ago #734375 by r1ch
This is a known problem. One thing I don't like about Nikon is it is not make in Japan. Quality suffers but it generally is less expensive. I had a D100 go black on me. Sent it back to Nikon they fixed it. I sold it. Then the same thing happened to the buyer 5 years later ( I knew her).
Here is your problem. Maybe Nikon will repair it for free. If not, I would toss it and buy a used one.

I switched to Canon, They have a much better service record and they are made in Japan.

2 years 1 month ago #734450 by Scotty

r1ch wrote: This is a known problem. One thing I don't like about Nikon is it is not make in Japan. Quality suffers but it generally is less expensive. I had a D100 go black on me. Sent it back to Nikon they fixed it. I sold it. Then the same thing happened to the buyer 5 years later ( I knew her).
Here is your problem. Maybe Nikon will repair it for free. If not, I would toss it and buy a used one.

I switched to Canon, They have a much better service record and they are made in Japan.

Are you CPS or NPS? It helped a lot with turn around.

Photo Comments
2 years 1 month ago #734458 by r1ch
I don't have either right now, cps expired last year.. I will sign up with CPS once I have a problem.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Scotty
2 years 1 month ago #734463 by Scotty

r1ch wrote: I don't have either right now, cps expired last year.. I will sign up with CPS once I have a problem.

It’s good to have. Btw both canon and nikon make their cams in japan, and other locations.

Photo Comments
2 years 1 month ago #734465 by r1ch

Scotty wrote:

r1ch wrote: I don't have either right now, cps expired last year.. I will sign up with CPS once I have a problem.

It’s good to have. Btw both canon and nikon make their cams in japan, and other locations.

You would be wrong about that. Nikon has closed most of their plants in Japan and outsource to Thialand. Canon does not do this for their pro level gear.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikon_Z_9      made in Thailand
The D610, D750, and D850 FX bodies, all Z bodies, all DX bodies, Coolpix
cameras, and some DX and FX lenses are made and assembled in Ayuthaya, Thailand.Jun 6, 2020
www.dslrbodies.com/newsviews/nikon/about...kon-cameras-and.html

Production of the D6 digital SLR will also be transferred to Thailand by the end of 2021." However, the Nikon's factory in Sendai, Miyagi Prefecture, will continue to play a significant role in future camera production.Dec 21, 2020
www.indiatoday.in/technology/news/story/...n-1751617-2020-12-21

Canon currently makes 64-65% of its cameras in Japan, and the new plant will raise the figure to around 70% Mitari indicated, adding that the remaining 30% are entry-level models.

2 years 1 month ago #734535 by Scotty

r1ch wrote:

Scotty wrote:

You would be wrong about that. Nikon has closed most of their plants in Japan and outsource to Thialand. Canon does not do this for their pro level gear.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikon_Z_9      made in Thailand
The D610, D750, and D850 FX bodies, all Z bodies, all DX bodies, Coolpix
cameras, and some DX and FX lenses are made and assembled in Ayuthaya, Thailand.Jun 6, 2020
www.dslrbodies.com/newsviews/nikon/about...kon-cameras-and.html

Production of the D6 digital SLR will also be transferred to Thailand by the end of 2021." However, the Nikon's factory in Sendai, Miyagi Prefecture, will continue to play a significant role in future camera production.Dec 21, 2020
www.indiatoday.in/technology/news/story/...n-1751617-2020-12-21

Canon currently makes 64-65% of its cameras in Japan, and the new plant will raise the figure to around 70% Mitari indicated, adding that the remaining 30% are entry-level models.

Did they start doing that during covid?

Photo Comments
2 years 1 month ago #734539 by r1ch

Scotty wrote: Did they start doing that during covid?

So it is my understanding they were doing this for quite some time. By 2020 all the cameras were no longer made in Japan. Only the d6 was left being made in Japan and they announced in 2020 that by the end of 2021 even the D6 would be built out of country. But I don't keep up on that stuff really. I watch youtube vids and people who keep up to date on that stuff put it on youtube and I see it. While I think Nikon is not bad quality, but there is no doubt because of the Japanese culture and attention to meticulous detail, Japanese built products are superior to there counterparts in other countries.

2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #734540 by Screamin Scott
I'm old enough to remember when anything "made in Japan" was considered junk. As they started improving the quality of goods, the prices rose. Things made in other parts of SE Asia are still made to Nikon's specs, so to me, the quality issue is a moot point...

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
2 years 1 month ago #734544 by r1ch

Screamin Scott wrote: I'm old enough to remember when anything "made in Japan" was considered junk. As they started improving the quality of goods, the prices rose. Things made in other parts of SE Asia are still made to Nikon's specs, so to me, the quality issue is a moot point...

Tell that to all the people who have had black screens on the nikon cameras. Including my old D100. Toyotas made in the US are made to Toyota Japan specs but I would rather have a toyota built in Japan. (although I do not own any Japanese vehicles only dirt and street motorcycles.

2 years 1 month ago #734545 by Screamin Scott
I see you are giving away your age....

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
2 years 1 month ago #734547 by r1ch

Screamin Scott wrote: I see you are giving away your age....

My grand mother bought me my first camera from a garage sale back in 69  if I remember correctly. a  Polaroid Big Swinger Land Camera 3000
My first 35mm was a Ricoh XR-1

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024