LCD screen on Nikon D750 is dead

3 months 1 week ago #734302 by Kelly Lambert
OK, my Saturday isn't starting off as I would like.  The LCD screen on the back of my camera (D750) will not come on.  I'm able to view things through the viewfinder, take photos, but  nothing is working to get the LCD screen to come on.  

Has this happened and any suggestions? I've pressed the live view button, but that isn't working.  

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide!  

Kelly 

Nikon D700: 50mm, 14-24mm, 85mm, 105mm 70-200mm, 150-500mm (Sigma), SB-900
Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 months 1 week ago #734317 by Scotty
Send it into canon services or upgrade to a used d800 for cheap.

You can also reset camera’s defaults in the menu to see if the software is glitching out.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments

3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #734319 by r1ch

Kelly Lambert wrote: ] I'm able to view things through the viewfinder, take photos, but  nothing is working to get the LCD screen to come on. 
Has this happened and any suggestions? I've pressed the live view button, but that isn't working. 
Thank you for any help you may be able to provide! 
sKelly 

d

Sorry, the info I posted here were problems with the D700 and it seemed to be a known issue.... Not the d750. Thought it appears to happen sometimes with the 750 as well but not very often.

3 months 1 week ago #734375 by r1ch
This is a known problem. One thing I don't like about Nikon is it is not make in Japan. Quality suffers but it generally is less expensive. I had a D100 go black on me. Sent it back to Nikon they fixed it. I sold it. Then the same thing happened to the buyer 5 years later ( I knew her).
Here is your problem. Maybe Nikon will repair it for free. If not, I would toss it and buy a used one.

I switched to Canon, They have a much better service record and they are made in Japan.

3 months 1 week ago #734450 by Scotty

r1ch wrote: This is a known problem. One thing I don't like about Nikon is it is not make in Japan. Quality suffers but it generally is less expensive. I had a D100 go black on me. Sent it back to Nikon they fixed it. I sold it. Then the same thing happened to the buyer 5 years later ( I knew her).
Here is your problem. Maybe Nikon will repair it for free. If not, I would toss it and buy a used one.

I switched to Canon, They have a much better service record and they are made in Japan.

Are you CPS or NPS? It helped a lot with turn around.

Photo Comments

3 months 1 week ago #734458 by r1ch
I don't have either right now, cps expired last year.. I will sign up with CPS once I have a problem.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Scotty

3 months 1 week ago #734463 by Scotty

r1ch wrote: I don't have either right now, cps expired last year.. I will sign up with CPS once I have a problem.

It’s good to have. Btw both canon and nikon make their cams in japan, and other locations.

Photo Comments

3 months 1 week ago #734465 by r1ch

Scotty wrote:

r1ch wrote: I don't have either right now, cps expired last year.. I will sign up with CPS once I have a problem.

It’s good to have. Btw both canon and nikon make their cams in japan, and other locations.

You would be wrong about that. Nikon has closed most of their plants in Japan and outsource to Thialand. Canon does not do this for their pro level gear.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikon_Z_9      made in Thailand
The D610, D750, and D850 FX bodies, all Z bodies, all DX bodies, Coolpix
cameras, and some DX and FX lenses are made and assembled in Ayuthaya, Thailand.Jun 6, 2020
www.dslrbodies.com/newsviews/nikon/about...kon-cameras-and.html

Production of the D6 digital SLR will also be transferred to Thailand by the end of 2021." However, the Nikon's factory in Sendai, Miyagi Prefecture, will continue to play a significant role in future camera production.Dec 21, 2020
www.indiatoday.in/technology/news/story/...n-1751617-2020-12-21

Canon currently makes 64-65% of its cameras in Japan, and the new plant will raise the figure to around 70% Mitari indicated, adding that the remaining 30% are entry-level models.

3 months 1 week ago #734535 by Scotty

r1ch wrote:

Scotty wrote:

You would be wrong about that. Nikon has closed most of their plants in Japan and outsource to Thialand. Canon does not do this for their pro level gear.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikon_Z_9      made in Thailand
The D610, D750, and D850 FX bodies, all Z bodies, all DX bodies, Coolpix
cameras, and some DX and FX lenses are made and assembled in Ayuthaya, Thailand.Jun 6, 2020
www.dslrbodies.com/newsviews/nikon/about...kon-cameras-and.html

Production of the D6 digital SLR will also be transferred to Thailand by the end of 2021." However, the Nikon's factory in Sendai, Miyagi Prefecture, will continue to play a significant role in future camera production.Dec 21, 2020
www.indiatoday.in/technology/news/story/...n-1751617-2020-12-21

Canon currently makes 64-65% of its cameras in Japan, and the new plant will raise the figure to around 70% Mitari indicated, adding that the remaining 30% are entry-level models.

Did they start doing that during covid?

Photo Comments

3 months 1 week ago #734539 by r1ch

Scotty wrote: Did they start doing that during covid?

So it is my understanding they were doing this for quite some time. By 2020 all the cameras were no longer made in Japan. Only the d6 was left being made in Japan and they announced in 2020 that by the end of 2021 even the D6 would be built out of country. But I don't keep up on that stuff really. I watch youtube vids and people who keep up to date on that stuff put it on youtube and I see it. While I think Nikon is not bad quality, but there is no doubt because of the Japanese culture and attention to meticulous detail, Japanese built products are superior to there counterparts in other countries.

3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #734540 by Screamin Scott
I'm old enough to remember when anything "made in Japan" was considered junk. As they started improving the quality of goods, the prices rose. Things made in other parts of SE Asia are still made to Nikon's specs, so to me, the quality issue is a moot point...

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments

3 months 1 week ago #734544 by r1ch

Screamin Scott wrote: I'm old enough to remember when anything "made in Japan" was considered junk. As they started improving the quality of goods, the prices rose. Things made in other parts of SE Asia are still made to Nikon's specs, so to me, the quality issue is a moot point...

Tell that to all the people who have had black screens on the nikon cameras. Including my old D100. Toyotas made in the US are made to Toyota Japan specs but I would rather have a toyota built in Japan. (although I do not own any Japanese vehicles only dirt and street motorcycles.

3 months 1 week ago #734545 by Screamin Scott
I see you are giving away your age....

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments

3 months 1 week ago #734547 by r1ch

Screamin Scott wrote: I see you are giving away your age....

My grand mother bought me my first camera from a garage sale back in 69  if I remember correctly. a  Polaroid Big Swinger Land Camera 3000
My first 35mm was a Ricoh XR-1

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Nikon Z FC specs are quite impressive, and when paired with the retro-style body, you get a fun and capable camera for enthusiast shooters.

May 31, 2022

In this Nikon Z5 review, we'll discuss the specs, features, pros, and cons of this enthusiast-level camera. We'll also offer tips on where to buy one on the cheap!

May 10, 2022

The Leica Q (Typ 116) is a fantastic camera for intermediate and advanced shooters. Is it the best choice for you, though? Find out in this detailed review!

Apr 28, 2022

Looking for Best Budget Camera of 2022? Here’s my pick- Sony ZV-1. This best budget camera is loaded with features that give it lots of bang for your buck.

Feb 18, 2022

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Not every photo book is made alike. Some are superior to others because of the options you get. Learn what to look for in this guide.

Jun 28, 2022

What is the best camera in 2022? That's a loaded question whose answer depends on many factors. In this guide, we'll explore some great options!

Jun 22, 2022

GoPro accessories come in all shapes, sizes and price points. But which ones are the best? We offer our favorite picks in this 2022 guide.

Jun 22, 2022

Not sure how to grow your photography business? Check this beginner business guide to learn a few inside tricks to hit the ground running.

Jun 22, 2022

If you're in the market for some Sony FE lenses for your kit, use this guide to learn more about three excellent prime and zoom lens options.

Jun 22, 2022

If you want to take the best close-up images, you'll need some macro photography lenses to get the clearest, sharpest photos.

Jun 21, 2022

What is a metal print? The easy answer is that it's an image printed on metal. But the best metal prints are a product of a more intricate process.

Jun 21, 2022

After using Linksys routers for many years, I switched to a Synology Router - the RT6600ax. Here are my first impressions!

Jun 15, 2022