Panasonci Lumix GH5 or DC-G9?

5 years 7 months ago #599346 by Mayo
If you wanted to pick up one of these cameras with the intent to shoot video, which would you say was the better option?  

www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1367104-R...micro.html?sts=pi-ps

www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1283257-R...less_micro_four.html

Thank you guys.  I really appreciate the help!

Canon 5D - Canon 50mm f/1.4 | Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 | Canon 70-200 f/4L
Photo Comments
5 years 7 months ago #599375 by KCook
The GH series is dedicated to video . . .

Kelly

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

5 years 7 months ago #599460 by garyrhook
Except that the G9 will do 4K at 60p. That might matter.

We use G7s and they're fantastic.

Photo Comments
5 years 7 months ago #599465 by Ian Stone
Now can't a Panasonic body accept Nikon or Canon glass?  I seem to recall someone talking about that. Or crap, was that Sony bodies?

Dang.  There goes that out the window.  It's one of them.  

Photo Comments
5 years 7 months ago #599466 by Ian Stone

garyrhook wrote: Except that the G9 will do 4K at 60p. That might matter.

Are you using that G7 for weddings?

Photo Comments
5 years 7 months ago #599487 by garyrhook

Ian Stone wrote:

Are you using that G7 for weddings?

Currently, a repeating commencement gig and ballet recitals/shows. I'm considering weddings, but I wouldn't do the video myself for that. I'd hire a minion to manage the camera.

Photo Comments
5 years 7 months ago #599555 by KCook

Ian Stone wrote: Now can't a Panasonic body accept Nikon or Canon glass?  I seem to recall someone talking about that. Or crap, was that Sony bodies?

Dang.  There goes that out the window.  It's one of them.  

For optimum AF stick with native M4/3 lenses.

Kelly

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

5 years 7 months ago #599601 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day Ian

All the m4/3 cameras can take FF camera lenses via adapters - but there's not usually any electronics that goes with it. I occasionally use a Pentax Takumar 55mm F1,2 for stars / milky way at night stuff and it's pretty amazing what comes out :)

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

5 years 7 months ago #599710 by Silver Fox

:agree:  Man that G9 is a killer camera

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024