DMW-BLE9 or DMW-BLG10 (GX85)

4 years 5 months ago #664695 by fedelh
Hi everyone!

I'm kinda confused and I'm finding no answer searching the internet, so maybe you can help me out.

I recently bought a Panasonic GX85 for my work. The problem is, the camera only comes with 1 battery, and sometimes for certain jobs, I can't make it throught the day with just that.

The problem is, that living in Argentina, original camera batteries are really expensive, so I'm looking for some imitations. Problem is: There are none. (of DMW-BLG10).

But I discovered a place where they sell DMW-BLE9 batteries (really cheap!), and looking at the imitations I saw on amazon of the DMW-BLG10, they say "DMW-BLE9" in the title too.

So, I'm not sure if BOTH models work for my Panasonic GX85. But buying those DMW-BLE9 would be a great deal for me.

Thanks in advance for the help!

4 years 5 months ago #664714 by garyrhook
Yes, the OEM batteries are expensive.

It appears that the primary difference between the BLE9 and BLG10 is that the latter has more power. Otherwise they appear compatible.

I found a listing for Powerextra on Amazon, and the battery is stated as substituting for both of those, but with much more power.

I don't see any reason for there to be a problem.

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: fedelh
4 years 5 months ago #664737 by fedelh
Great! Thank you so much!

I’ll ask you two more things hehe.

Could the camera suffer any kind of damage by using this batteries that it is not designed for?

And, by any chance, do you know if the BLE9 can be charged with a BLG10 charger?

Thank you!!

4 years 5 months ago #664806 by garyrhook

fedelh wrote: Great! Thank you so much!

I’ll ask you two more things hehe.

Could the camera suffer any kind of damage by using this batteries that it is not designed for?

And, by any chance, do you know if the BLE9 can be charged with a BLG10 charger?

Thank you!!

Same voltage, different power. It just means that the bettery won't last as long.

Assuming there isn't firmware in the battery that allows the camera to object to it.

As for charging, it's likely fine. Chargers are pretty smart. I use my Pany charger on my non-Pany battery without trouble.

But that's just me.

Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #666293 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day Fedel

Another possibility for you to consider ~ from Australia

It seems that Panny are using this same battery in a dozen or more Panny FZ and GX models. Although I am using FZ cameras, the battery specs - size - shape - power terminals of all images of the battery appear identical

Here is some URLs for a Melbourne Aus wholesaler
www.betterbatt.com.au/s/digital-camera-b...onic/lumix/dmc-gx85/ ........ > 770mAh

www.betterbatt.com.au/s/digital-camera-b...onic/lumix/dmc-gx8k/ ........ > 1000mAh
www.betterbatt.com.au/s/digital-camera-b...nic/lumix/dmc-fz330/ ........ > 1000mAh
www.betterbatt.com.au/s/digital-camera-b...ic/lumix/dmc-fz2000/ ........ > 1000mAh

You will see that they all appear identical - with the 770mAh battery at $20aus and the 1000mAh battery at $33aus

If the idea appeals to you to order from them - the battery charger they also sell comes with 2 power cords ... a) 12volt and b) 110-240volt to 12volt power adapter - chargers are also about $20aus

www.betterbatt.com.au/s/battery-charger/...ic/lumix/dmc-fz2500/

Hope this helps
Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

3 years 11 months ago #684896 by fedelh
Hi Ozzie!

I know it's been almost six months since you answered my question.
But somehow I read your answer from my mail and I never got around to reply.

So here I am feeling embarassed and thanking you so much!
Because those batteries you recommended worked like a charm!

I got around to buy some of them here in my city, very cheap, and they work perfectly.

Thanks so much again and greetings from Argentina!

3 years 11 months ago #685120 by Ozzie_Traveller
All okay mate ~ enjoy your photography and travel safely
Phil

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Latest Articles

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024