Issues with my GH5 Cams in Premiere

4 years 2 months ago #672110 by kilerb
Hi guys...  So I have 3 Panasonic DC-GH5's.  I primarily use them to shoot video during a podcast.  3 different angles.  I have had 2 major issues.  (I updated the firmware prior to my last attempt on all 3 cams.)  The latest issue being that when I drop these into Premiere, on 2 of the cams it seems like there are gaps in the waveform...  Which is not a huge deal because we use the audio from the mixer anyway.  But, when Premiere hits one of these audio gaps the software freezes.  I'm using the MP4 format on all 3 (the one that says it's suggested for use with PC editing in the menu) and doing 29.97fps on all 3.  One thing I did just notice is that I have 2 different SD cards in a couple of the units.  They are ALL Sandisk, but a few of them are 95 mb/s and a couple are 150 mb/s...  I am using both slots on each camera (recording the same thing to each) Just mentioning this in case that's a no no (using different speeds like that?)  But I would imagine if they're both at least the minimum speed for recording it should work?  Doing 1080p btw, not 4k.  I attached an image of the premiere timeline.  You can see the gaps in the waveform on 2 of the cams.  The green audio beneath that is the actual podcast mp3

The other things which is probably a total noob question is I believe before I had it recording one long file to the SD card.  Now it seems to be giving me 20 or so minute files.  So it's multiple files per angle.  Prefer just 1 since it's easier to synch everything that way later in Premiere. 

Anyway, my big issue is the first paragraph.  I really can't even edit it.  It keeps freezing.  A few weeks ago, before I updated my cams, there was some pixelation once in awhile on some basic video shots I was doing.  Is it possible the cam(s) are broken?  Seems like things that shouldn't be happening.  Appreciate any suggestions from people with more knowledge than myself, which I'm guessing is most of you!  Haha...  Thanks!

Attachments:

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024