Your impressions of the K-x ?

9 years 8 months ago #5214 by GRS
I'm thinking of upgrading from my K100Dsuper to a K-x. The K-x is a substantial upgrade at a good price, and according to reviews I've read has better low light performance than the K-7;

www.dpreview.com/reviews/pentaxkx/

Any criticisms of the K-x I should be aware of?

Cheers

Gregg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago #5362 by Tex
I did a quick test in a camera store and wasn't that impressed with the higher ISO settings. Although I really push my limits.. so I might just be hard to please for that area of the technology..

Actually I have been fairly happy with my 100DS... sometimes I wonder if it is better than my K20 in low light settings.

Anytime you can move up to new technology it is good. There are always improvements over what you have.

9 years 8 months ago #5670 by GRS
Thanks for your input.

I am also happy with my K100DS. But with the old primes I'm using (from my K1000 days) I notice that I'm limited by resolution, not optics. No wonder the price on these primes is still 'prime'.

The possibility of upgrading to hd video and higher resolution and higher ISO has me drooling a bit. Maybe I can wait a bit longer, for prices to come down some more......

Gregg

9 years 7 months ago #7817 by Richmorrisphotography
Hi Gregg

I have had my K-X for 6 months now and have had to send it back to Pentax twice for the same problem (battery life sensor is faulty). The K-r is now out and they have changed the battery options so i would get that one.

Apart from the tech problems, the camera itself is great.

hope this helps

Rich

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In this Nikon D500 vs Nikon D7500 matchup, we explore the features and specs, pros and cons, and prices of these older, but highly capable DSLRs.

Jun 22, 2020

Check out this Sony a7R IV review to learn all about this incredible camera's specs, features, image quality, price, and more.

Jun 15, 2020

The Panasonic Lumix S1 might be a few years old, but its features and specs (and its used price today) make it worth a long, hard look.

Jun 08, 2020

In this Olympus OM-D E-M1 II review, learn about the camera's specs and features, pros and cons, price, and much more.

Jun 02, 2020

Latest Articles

In this 2020 star tracker buying guide, learn about the specs and features of some of the best star trackers currently on the market.

Jul 14, 2020

Travel photography gear comes in all shapes and sizes, but what are the best items to pick up? Check this list for our top picks!

Jul 10, 2020

A camera belt is the ideal camera strap alternative because it puts the weight of your gear on your hips. It's a more comfortable way to carry your camera gear!

Jul 10, 2020

The best camera bags of 2020 include big backpacks, small sling bags, and many variations in between. Which of these top camera bags is for you? Find out!

Jul 09, 2020

The best stock photo sites pay well for your images, are easy to sign up, and offer tools and solutions to help you streamline your stock photography business. These sites are among the best.

Jul 09, 2020

If you're looking for unique canvas prints, look no further than metallic canvas! These prints are beautiful, iridescent, and have superior, eye-catching color.

Jul 09, 2020

Canon unveiled the Canon EOS R5 and EOS R6 this morning. Both cameras look to be game-changers for Canon, and both will ship soon!

Jul 09, 2020

Not sure how to increase your photography income? Use these business tips to make more money as a photographer!

Jul 08, 2020