Playing around with a couple face masks and Sigma 85mm lens

11 years 5 months ago #21911 by Alex
My fiancee (Jackie) and I were tooling around in home decor store and she decided to put on a few of these mask's they were selling there. Fun shots, just messing around. As I mentioned in another thread I have a Sigma 85mm f/1.4 on loan. The day this was taken was the first day I had the lens, so I was itching to play around with it.

I'm impressed with the lens:

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 5 months ago #21915 by Rob pix4u2
Good shots :beerbang: :cheers:

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

11 years 5 months ago #21918 by vipergts831
Very nice Alex! What are you shooting on?

11 years 5 months ago #21923 by vipergts831
Nevermind just checked! Im assuming you used it on the FF camera. Ill get a siggy 85 once i make that leap. It looks like a stellar lens when i used it at the photography expo here in nyc a few months back.

11 years 5 months ago #21993 by photobod
Looks like a very good lens Alex, would you reccomend it ???

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

11 years 5 months ago #22023 by crystal
I would say it's a very good lens. Then again, I'm not surprised. I have the Sigma 105mm macro lens and I love it.

11 years 5 months ago #22042 by Patty Ganahl
Photos look really good and crisp

Photo Comments

11 years 5 months ago #22165 by Jeffster
I have Sigma's 10-20mm wide angle lens. You have me thinking about getting a 85mm now. Let's see more photos taken with the lens :nunu: :)

Photo Comments

11 years 5 months ago #22169 by Cidman
I've been eyeing an 85mm 1.4 from Nikon for my D300s but its soooooooooooo expensive so I'm waiting a little longer. Shots look great.

11 years 5 months ago #22278 by Alex

vipergts831 wrote: Very nice Alex! What are you shooting on?

D700 :thumbsup:

Photo Comments

11 years 5 months ago #22283 by Alex

cwightmanphotos wrote: I would say it's a very good lens. Then again, I'm not surprised. I have the Sigma 105mm macro lens and I love it.

You know what, when I first got my first DSLR (only a few years ago) the 2nd lens I bought was a Sigma 10-20mm (Only took MAYBE 10 shots with it), shortly after I got this lens I had this idea that I should only stick with Nikon lenses, so I returned the lens and bought the Nikon 12-24mm. Frankly I was so green then, I had no idea what I was talking about :whistle: . So this 85mm Sigma is the first NON Nikon lens I've shot with, and I have to say I'm very impressed. For the last week, I have been on a 85mm shooting spree with this thing! ha ha ha. I will be posting more photos soon!

Photo Comments

11 years 5 months ago #22379 by Solstar
I'd love it if DPReview would do a full test on this lens. I did trudge through the internet and found one solid test that gave it very good reviews against both the canon and nikon high end glass.
www.lenstip.com/index.php?test=obiektywu&test_ob=277

11 years 5 months ago #22608 by canon4me
I like the blue photo the best..is more unfocused in the back.....but the red mask is neater : )

11 years 5 months ago #22708 by neal1977
:thumbsup: cool pic

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Nikon Z FC specs are quite impressive, and when paired with the retro-style body, you get a fun and capable camera for enthusiast shooters.

May 31, 2022

In this Nikon Z5 review, we'll discuss the specs, features, pros, and cons of this enthusiast-level camera. We'll also offer tips on where to buy one on the cheap!

May 10, 2022

The Leica Q (Typ 116) is a fantastic camera for intermediate and advanced shooters. Is it the best choice for you, though? Find out in this detailed review!

Apr 28, 2022

Looking for Best Budget Camera of 2022? Here’s my pick- Sony ZV-1. This best budget camera is loaded with features that give it lots of bang for your buck.

Feb 18, 2022

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Not every photo book is made alike. Some are superior to others because of the options you get. Learn what to look for in this guide.

Jun 28, 2022

What is the best camera in 2022? That's a loaded question whose answer depends on many factors. In this guide, we'll explore some great options!

Jun 22, 2022

GoPro accessories come in all shapes, sizes and price points. But which ones are the best? We offer our favorite picks in this 2022 guide.

Jun 22, 2022

Not sure how to grow your photography business? Check this beginner business guide to learn a few inside tricks to hit the ground running.

Jun 22, 2022

If you're in the market for some Sony FE lenses for your kit, use this guide to learn more about three excellent prime and zoom lens options.

Jun 22, 2022

If you want to take the best close-up images, you'll need some macro photography lenses to get the clearest, sharpest photos.

Jun 21, 2022

What is a metal print? The easy answer is that it's an image printed on metal. But the best metal prints are a product of a more intricate process.

Jun 21, 2022

After using Linksys routers for many years, I switched to a Synology Router - the RT6600ax. Here are my first impressions!

Jun 15, 2022