Review My April - May Picx

10 years 10 months ago #282616 by coolpicxphography

Purnendu N. Bala
Fashion Photographer

10 years 10 months ago #282624 by KCook
One image does not show on this page, only its thumbnail. Which makes our customary # sequence confusing. So I will use the file names instead.

fbcre_bw.jpg is intriguing, but I would have let the earrings go out of focus. Or not color them. Or leave off the earring camera right that is peeking out from behind the face. As it stands, the earrings are a little too distracting.

Fabook.jpg is super nice. Natural looking skin tone, the right things in focus, and not too tightly cropped. :judge:

fbnhu.jpg (the thumbnail one) is close, but would be better without the wrinkles in the neck. Which is a posing problem. Tilting her head to her left should fix that. Of course that means the camera has to be raised, etc.

Kelly Cook

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

10 years 10 months ago #282625 by John37
I think these are great! I didn't open the thumbnail though, so I have no opinion on that one. The 1st one is the winner in my eyes! Nice efforts!!! :thumbsup:

"The most endangered species? The honest man!"
10 years 10 months ago #282632 by Leilanee
Nice headshots. Crisp, good colours, and great eyes.
Love to see this same style done with other poses and wider framing

10 years 10 months ago #282715 by coolpicxphography
Thanks to you all for your valuable comments

Purnendu N. Bala
Fashion Photographer

10 years 10 months ago #282751 by rmeyer7
I like the 2nd and 4th images best, in that order. #1 has lots of potential, but I'm not a fan of the processing. I would go either color or black and white, not selective color. And the earrings look way too photoshopped for me -- you don't want it to look like you simulated the shallow DoF in post, even if that happens to be the case...

10 years 7 months ago #292516 by TvPhotos
Wow great work the only one I slightly dislike is the first one fbcre_BW.jpg. I'm not a fan of color and B&W in the same image.

There is no reason not to follow your heart. ... Stay hungry. Stay foolish.
10 years 7 months ago #292553 by Tuscan Muse
Nice work!
10 years 7 months ago #292558 by sleeper54
Yeah, I know . . .old, bumped thread.

The last one, the one with the open 'hook' on the model's left ear.

Her right pupil, picture left, is all smushed ...looks odd to my eye.

And a model prep 'problem' ...a few eyebrow hairs above her left eye that need plucked.

...tom...

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024