Julie

9 years 11 months ago #373546 by Leilanee
Just posting a few of my latest photos.  Here's my best friend, Julie, letting me use her as a crash test dummy (photography version).  Again, comments are welcome, but for art's sake there are a couple things I feel would be inevitably bashed here that merit some explanation.  Most of these are unrealistically warm in tone, which was intentionally done.  I wanted to play on the golden light and I think my strong desire for an early summer came through in these photos :P
Another thing to mention is that, when she's not being nutty -

- Julie is a little awkward in front of the camera.  It seemed that when she was looking directly at the camera, she was too concerned with the expression she was making (she duckfaces a lot), and posing her in a still position made her quite stiff, so I tried a lot of having her look off in the distance, and I would get her to move a bit.  We did a lot of hair flipping, and head tossing lol. It was fun.  So in a few of these, she's flipping her hair around, and in most of them she's not looking at the camera, but I actually quite liked a lot of the motion shots.
Enjoy!

9 years 11 months ago #373640 by garyrhook
#3 & #7. :thumbsup:

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leilanee
9 years 11 months ago #373654 by renanpaiva
Very good photos and very pretty model.

9 years 11 months ago #373690 by Leilanee
Thanks guys!

9 years 11 months ago #373729 by Stealthy Ninja
Oh great, just what the world needs more of.  Insane hot chicks... :blink:
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #373865 by Leilanee

Stealthy Ninja wrote: Oh great, just what the world needs more of.  Insane hot chicks... :blink:

:side: Mocks people who can't make complete sentences.  Makes an incomplete sentence.

:kmonst: FYI the correct way to say that if you were grammatically picky and wanted to form complete sentences would be, "Oh great, just what the world needs more of: insane hot chicks."

And do you mean insane chicks who are hot or chicks who are insanely hot?

I'M A FREAKIN' MOD, I DO WHAT I WANT: YES! - SN

9 years 11 months ago #373920 by butterflygirl921
Beautiful how did you get such beautiful colors? 

9 years 11 months ago #373954 by garyrhook

Leilanee wrote: And do you mean insane chicks who are hot or chicks who are insanely hot?

That's what I was wondering...

Photo Comments
9 years 11 months ago #373978 by Leilanee

butterflygirl921 wrote: Beautiful how did you get such beautiful colors? 

Thank you! A lot of it was overlaying an orange gradient, then setting it to the Soft Light layer blending mode.  There are a couple spots where I actually used a very large brush at 0% Hardness and painted an orange tone in with the Soft Light blending mode.

9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #373980 by Stealthy Ninja

Leilanee wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote: Oh great, just what the world needs more of.  Insane hot chicks... :blink:

:side: Mocks people who can't make complete sentences.  Makes an incomplete sentence.

:kmonst: FYI the correct way to say that if you were grammatically picky and wanted to form complete sentences would be, "Oh great, just what the world needs more of: insane hot chicks."

And do you mean insane chicks who are hot or chicks who are insanely hot?

Your arguments are made invalid by the fact you used argumentum ad hominem tu quoque. 
9 years 11 months ago #374030 by butterflygirl921

Leilanee wrote:

butterflygirl921 wrote: Beautiful how did you get such beautiful colors? 

Thank you! A lot of it was overlaying an orange gradient, then setting it to the Soft Light layer blending mode.  There are a couple spots where I actually used a very large brush at 0% Hardness and painted an orange tone in with the Soft Light blending mode.

Thats awesome can't wait to see more 

9 years 11 months ago #374068 by Marcus Davidson
this ones a beauty. these are all good shots. keep posting.

9 years 10 months ago #376662 by Oahu Photo
even though you would have screwed up that flower bed, it would have been cool to see her lying down in the flowers with a few on her. These are great shots :)
9 years 10 months ago #376715 by Scuba Mike
#1 and #3 are gorgeous, incredible photos IMO

Photo Comments
9 years 10 months ago #376818 by Leilanee
Thanks all for the feedback!

@Oahu Photo: It's actually sort of a personal trademark (hahaha) of mine to do the typical "headshot-lying-down"
-ahem-

etcetcetc

But the ground was quite moist and she would have gotten pretty mucked up so we restrained this time :P

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024