Angie 2

3 years 4 months ago #700176 by Pitter
Click on image for undistorted view

3 years 4 months ago #700213 by John Landolfi
When will you stop deforming our images?

Photo Comments
3 years 4 months ago #700214 by Nikon Shooter

John Landolfi wrote: When will you stop deforming our images?

… it's more than two months now! :angry:  :ohmy:  :blink:  :slapface:

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
3 years 4 months ago #700222 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day mate

Another beaut image from you - you certainly have mastered your portraits ... a 'well done' from me

Phil from the great land Downunder

www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

The following user(s) said Thank You: Pitter
3 years 4 months ago #700223 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day John

This is what my laptop is displaying for me ..... it looks okay at my end

for reference... Toshiba Laptop, win7, Firefox

Hope this helps

Attachments:
3 years 4 months ago #700225 by Nikon Shooter
Sure thing Phil…
you and your laptop are hanging upside down! :P

Photo Comments
3 years 4 months ago #700264 by Ozzie_Traveller

Nikon Shooter wrote: Sure thing Phil…
you and your laptop are hanging upside down! :P

no no no me ol mate, you've gotit rong ...... it's "downside up"
Phil

3 years 4 months ago #700269 by Nikon Shooter
Right Phil!

The confusion got me because of the dizziness
over the Ashmore Islands!   :rofl:

Photo Comments
3 years 4 months ago #700291 by John Landolfi
What's your point, Phil? That I have an inferior computer?. What about NS, and many others? Should I chuck my desktop and get a Toshiba laptop? I have been on this site since its beginning, and crap like this has never happened until now. If you have a constructive suggestion, please, make it

Photo Comments
3 years 4 months ago #700292 by Nikon Shooter

John Landolfi wrote: What's your point, Phil?

Hi John,

Believe me saying that, though he is not affected, Phil is as
puzzles as we are with…
  • the sudden apparition of that distortion,
  • its long lasting uncorrected state
  • the fact that not all get it.
BTW, his laptop is only good when operated downside up!  :rofl:

Photo Comments
3 years 4 months ago #700303 by Shadowfixer1
I haven't used Firefox in years. I don't know if that makes a difference. I've tried 3 other browsers and all vertical images display as squashed. Strange indeed. 
3 years 4 months ago #700306 by Pitter
I'm using the Safari browser on a desk top Mac and all vertical images are squashed until you click on them.

3 years 4 months ago #700318 by Nikon Shooter
Same here! :(

Photo Comments
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #700395 by Ozzie_Traveller

John Landolfi wrote: What's your point, Phil? That I have an inferior computer?. What about NS, and many others? Should I chuck my desktop and get a Toshiba laptop? I have been on this site since its beginning, and crap like this has never happened until now. If you have a constructive suggestion, please, make it

G'day John

I'm a bit miffed by your response - so If I offended in any way please accept that it was unintended

I was trying to advise you - and indirectly also to the mods here - that the "problem" is bigger than just you, the author and NS .... that because some hardware is showing it 'okay' and others are having 'problems' indicates something more substantial that a simple fix

From my days in the I.T. world, I can well realise that due to software mods by "a certain big-name company" to what are recognised industry-standard (what I will call) "code-libraries" then more and more of these issues will become evident and annoy the bejeezes out of us and the I.T. team behind this site

Phil

3 years 4 months ago #700401 by John Landolfi
No offence seen in your post, just wondering how it was clarifying matters to know that some people are seeing undistorted images. Your further remarks clarify your point. Would you clarify what modifications in the OS could cause this? I use windows 10, 64 bit, and have for quite a while without problems. Perhaps it has to do with graphic cards?

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024