do i have what it takes?

12 years 9 months ago #98071 by chasrich

mj~shutterbugg wrote:

chasrich wrote: I was gonna ask you MJ - if you could loan out your big girl panties.

I reviewed some of Tracy's albums. She has some good shots in there as well as some I might have left off. But for the size of her uploads the drive is there. I just hope she wasn't driven off by some of our replies. If she was I guess that answers the original question.

Tracy come back if you read this... We can play nice. :nunu:

Sorry Charles, my big girl panties are all mine. Took many years to acquire them. I am sure that if Tracy wants to do this she can find her own set :rofl:

I was thinking David could use some.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry David, you just happened to wander in and I still like you.

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 9 months ago #98079 by photobod

chasrich wrote:

mj~shutterbugg wrote:

chasrich wrote: I was gonna ask you MJ - if you could loan out your big girl panties.

I reviewed some of Tracy's albums. She has some good shots in there as well as some I might have left off. But for the size of her uploads the drive is there. I just hope she wasn't driven off by some of our replies. If she was I guess that answers the original question.

Tracy come back if you read this... We can play nice. :nunu:

Sorry Charles, my big girl panties are all mine. Took many years to acquire them. I am sure that if Tracy wants to do this she can find her own set :rofl:

I was thinking David could use some.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry David, you just happened to wander in and I still like you.

:watching: :watching: :watching:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 9 months ago #98333 by Rob pix4u2
Tracy I meant my questions as a way to get you to think about some of the hard realities of your initial query. It is all about your growth as a photographer and business person. Following your dreams can be a long road but a rewarding one if you take the right approach. We are all here to help you in the development of your talent.

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

12 years 9 months ago #98831 by Rob pix4u2
Tracy are you still with us ?:nunu:

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

12 years 9 months ago #98871 by Stealthy Ninja
LOL are you guys feeling guilty or what?

I'll answer your question:

No. Because you had to ask.

Being "pro" isn't so much about quality or how good you are, it's about marketing and confidence. There's plenty of awesome photographers out there that will never be "pro" because they lack confidence or the callousness to get out there and ruthlessly market themselves. And the flip-side is also true.
12 years 9 months ago #98875 by Scotty
Do you have a fundamental understanding on how to run a business?

If you don't. No you don't have what it takes. If you do...you're golden.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #98877 by Stealthy Ninja

Scotty wrote: Do you have a fundamental understanding on how to run a business?

Amen, what's talent got to do with being a pro these days? Very little.
12 years 9 months ago #98897 by Scotty

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Some, but it's mainly marketing and business now.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #98907 by Graflex 4x5

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

That's why the really big names have "people" to do the marketing, toting equipment and fetching coffee. If you don't have talent, then you need a genius for marketing or one hell of a 'technique'. Make sure to save your money, your 'career' won't last long.

No matter how fast I go, there's always someone slower in front of me.
12 years 9 months ago #98941 by Stealthy Ninja

Graflex 4x5 wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

That's why the really big names have "people" to do the marketing, toting equipment and fetching coffee. If you don't have talent, then you need a genius for marketing or one hell of a 'technique'. Make sure to save your money, your 'career' won't last long.

Here's the formula for success:
Get a camera, any camera. Take a crappy photo of someone or something. Then hand it to a team of photoshop editors and graphic arts/designer. They in turn hand it to the marketing department.

Success!
12 years 9 months ago #98989 by chasrich
I'm on my way then... I have a ton of crappy photos! :thumbsup:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 9 months ago #99001 by Stealthy Ninja

chasrich wrote: I'm on my way then... I have a ton of crappy photos! :thumbsup:

all you need is a team
12 years 9 months ago #99519 by photobod
Cynical but true :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

She hasnt been in touch by the way so I think she is either on holiday or she has fled, and no I dont feel guilty she asked a question and I gave an honest answer

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #99561 by mj~shutterbugg
Well if Tracy left after our questions she answered her own question. Harsh reality. BTW I am learning what it takes business wise, and man the amount I have to learn is astounding. The business side is much tougher for me than the photographic side.

ETA: I hit one of Tracy's albums, I still stand by her potential, but her eye needs trained and her skills honed. But then again don't we all?

Think Off-Center ~ George Carlin
www.mjbrennanphoto.com

12 years 9 months ago #99817 by SnapShotsByTracy
im sorry everyone I just been busy with work, and kids... i left a message for one of you ill repost it on here too..

IM Not upset... I don't mind the critiques.. cause thats how you get better. I've only had my DSLR since christmas... Im still really learning the ins and outs of it. I dont mind good and bad. I dont let it bother me to much. Everyone has their opinions.. An Im not going to let one or two bad ones discourage me from doing what I love and want to become. Im sure every photographer has had bad critiques but that hasnt stopped them all. I know you have to have a tough skin for this.. I havent been on as much due to working full time and having 3 little models to control.. not always easy to get out and play with my camera...

Tracy Stebbins

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024