Photography Portfolios & Client Online Galleries Questions

4 years 7 months ago #471200 by LuShots
Hey yall 
How many photography portfolios should one have online? Also what are some good free client photo galleries so they can get the pics that i took at the event?

Thanks
Lu 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 7 months ago #471202 by One Creative Girl
I found this company here.  The website is called www.keepsnap.com  

Hope that helps. 

Photo Comments

4 years 7 months ago #471268 by The Gardener
IMO all you need is one good one.  What sort of events are you shooting?

Photo Comments

4 years 7 months ago #471315 by icepics
Seems like you'll need to figure out where and how to market your photography. Try pro photographers websites like http://asmp.org or PPA.

A good website may not be free. You'd need to figure the cost of a website into your business plan. You'll need a secure site so only the client (and their friends/family of their choice) can access the photos.

Look at the Terms & Conditions of any website you're considering using. To me the Terms on Keepsnap's site don't make much sense; the way the terms are worded sounds like they may have been written by someone who may not speak English as a native language - but it shows the site is in Canada (where US copyright and laws probably don't apply). I wouldn't be sure what you'd be getting into with that site.

I've seen photographers set up at an event like a sports tournament but they print onsite so parents can buy and take their kids' pictures with them; I don't know if people would bother to go to that website to buy photos or just use their phones to take pictures themselves.

Sharon
Photo Comments

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon 7D Mark II might be more than five years old, but for sports and wildlife photographers, it's still a great - and affordable - option.

Sep 15, 2020

The Canon PowerShot G5 X II is a high-end compact camera. The question is, is it the right camera for you? Find out in this Canon PowerShot G5 X II review.

Sep 09, 2020

This detailed Olympus OM-D E-M1X review will introduce you to the features, specs, pros, cons, and more of this high-powered sports and action photography camera.

Sep 07, 2020

In this Canon EOS 6D review, learn about this cameras features, specs, image quality, video performance, price, and more!

Aug 26, 2020
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

To get good audio for YouTube videos, you need to follow a few "rules of the road."

Sep 16, 2020

Lens filters are a crucial component of a landscape photography kit. But you can't just have them, you need to know how to use them too. Learn what lens filter mistakes to avoid in this tutorial.

Sep 16, 2020

Use these simple photography marketing tips to expand the footprint of your business and be more efficient in communicating with potential clients.

Sep 16, 2020

Our list of gifts for photographers under $50 will give you all the ideas you need to get your favorite photographer an awesome holiday gift this year.

Sep 15, 2020

The Canon 7D Mark II might be more than five years old, but for sports and wildlife photographers, it's still a great - and affordable - option.

Sep 15, 2020

The new GoPro Hero 9 Black will soon be announced, and based on the rumors, it looks to be a huge leap forward from the GoPro Hero 8 Black.

Sep 15, 2020

Use these photography tips for novices to learn how to improve the quality of your photos and get beautiful prints too!

Sep 14, 2020

If you're looking for a camera strap alternative, look no further than a camera belt. Camera belts offer a comfortable carrying experience and a secure one as well!

Sep 14, 2020