the future of DSLRs

13 years 7 months ago #140 by duststorm
Here’s something for everyone to think about, it’s something that I’ve been wondering and pondering too. What changes do you think will come to DSLRs in the next 5 years? Which technologies will become standard? What features would you like to see?

13 years 6 months ago #2936 by canon4me
I'm sure camera's are going to be just amazing in 5 years....

13 years 6 months ago #2995 by tygr1
I couldn't even begin to imagine what dslr's will become like in 5 yrs. There is so much already that is already pretty much standard.

13 years 6 months ago #3464 by goodcooke
The possibilities are endless! Heck Fujifilm now had 3-D cameras even. lol

13 years 3 months ago #13158 by Scotty
More megapixels, better high ISO's and a lot of stuff we dont need.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #13162 by Solstar
I was reading recently that some industry people are suggesting that video is the next big push (it's almost a requirement already) with video specific lenses coming sooner rather than later, albeit at a trade-off in IQ. I'll be curious to see where the boundary will be for super high ISO's.

13 years 3 months ago #13190 by bhowdy
I for one see a backlash towards the combo camera bodies (still / video). I seems to me that the camera makers don't "get it" that these are two different mediums. Folks either like to shoot a still image, or a video, usually not both and for sure not with the same camera.

I understand that there are some that love the ability to do both with the same camera .... and others that like the video feature to be there "just in case". Many video cameras have been able to take a single photo for years now. Albeit usually not a very good image.

I think technology like Sony's "Translucent Mirror" and a shift back to medium format styles are a real possibility.

Bob Howdeshell

"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera" ~ Lewis Hine

13 years 3 months ago #18033 by photobod
Maybe we should go back the way, manual only cameras in film and digital, maximum amount of pixels allowed etc may bring out the best in us ????

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

13 years 3 months ago #18051 by Baydream

Solstar wrote: I was reading recently that some industry people are suggesting that video is the next big push (it's almost a requirement already) with video specific lenses coming sooner rather than later, albeit at a trade-off in IQ. I'll be curious to see where the boundary will be for super high ISO's.

I have rad the same. I think that better sound pickup (including stereo) will probably be added. Also, GPS will probably become more of a standard feature.
Dewitt Jones has been posting a lot of photos from his iphone. Will newer phones make the compact digital obsolete?

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #22642 by Edna B
I think that maybe the lenses will get lighter. That would be good for a lot of us. (like me)

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024