November 5th weekend Photography Challenge/Homework

12 years 5 months ago #164193 by Dr_Jingles
I can not get my picture to upload, keep getting a fakepath error...advise?

Anyone can take a picture...a person with a passion sees the picture before it's taken. - Anonymous
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rascal07
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #164210 by chasrich

Dr_Jingles wrote: I can not get my picture to upload, keep getting a fakepath error...advise?

That is a normal message... To protect your real path???

Click add photo at the bottom of the text box.
Browse through your photos.
Select one that is below the 2MB limit.
Click Insert to place the image inside the text box.
Hit send and it should appear after it uploads the file.

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr_Jingles
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #164268 by my_wave
A Lamp outside my house its an 1930's lamp
taken from
Fujifilm S 3200
Focal Length 11.4mm
1/170s
f/4.5
iso: 64

Attachments:
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #164341 by Baydream
My wife's new wool cutter. Yes, she's a hooker :ohmy: , a very talented rug hooker in the Nova Scotia tradition. I caught this before she used canned air to clean off the tiny fibers from the cutting.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
Attachments:
12 years 5 months ago #164443 by Dr_Jingles
Thank you for your help, I did try though, exactly like you said and it did not work. =(

Anyone can take a picture...a person with a passion sees the picture before it's taken. - Anonymous
12 years 5 months ago #164498 by Baydream

Dr_Jingles wrote: Thank you for your help, I did try though, exactly like you said and it did not work. =(

The 2mp jpeg issue causes most of the problems. Issues have also been noted with IE9 - try Firefox or Chrome.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr_Jingles
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #165087 by Matchey
I don't know where my interest/obsession for fire engine comes from, but I definitely love those machines. This is a quick and dirty shot of a replica sent to me by my sister as a Christmas present. She really knows me.

Attachments:
12 years 5 months ago #166050 by jasmineclaire54
Very nice!

12 years 5 months ago #166051 by Rascal07
That happen to me too. IE,Goggles Chrome but I downloaded Firefox and it works great give a shot.
12 years 5 months ago #166054 by Rascal07
Beautiful.
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #166208 by catzer

Hopefully I got the assignment right .... :silly:

I bought these to play around with and this week I had some time to do so.

Attachments:
12 years 5 months ago #166442 by Dr_Jingles
"The 2mp jpeg issue causes most of the problems. Issues have also been noted with IE9 - try Firefox or Chrome."

my problem was the pic was too big...so thank you! =)

12 years 5 months ago #166445 by McBeth Photography

Screamin Scott wrote:

McBeth Photography wrote:

Perhaps something that very few people know about me is I am a hearing aid wearer, almost deaf in my right ear. And thanks to my two little friends here, I can hear stereo sound beautifully now instead of living in a mono-toned world.

Lighting sucks but here is what I used;

Nikon D70, f16, 1/500 sec, 200 ISO. Sigma EF-500 DG Super NA-iTTL fired wirelessy in the D70 Commander Mode TTL.

Oh yeah, the lens was my AF Nikkor 35-70mm 2.8D which has a macro feature on the 35mm end.

Barry, I have been hard of hearing since birth, I wear hearing aids in both ears. I have a severe loss in both ears but with the aids, it's like night & day. Once I take them off, there are lots of things I can't hear (good for when my wife is asking me to do "Honey Do chores:rofl: :rofl: )

My hearing can be a little selective at times too, lol. ;)

It is what it is.
12 years 5 months ago #166448 by J. Hansen
My Grandpa's old bandsaw. The leather drive belt has staples to hold it together. You get that great clackity clack noise when its running. The darn thing still runs great!! They don't build them like that any more.

Attachments:
12 years 5 months ago #166915 by Ty
Nice topic this thread. Will be sure to join in on the next project.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024

With these easy iPhone photography tips, you can maximize the functionality of your iPhone’s camera and get much-improved results for portraits, landscapes, and any other genre!

Apr 05, 2024

A small camera backpack is the perfect vessel for carrying your photography kit. The problem is there’s so many to choose from! Use this guide for details on three top choices.

Apr 04, 2024

In the great Canon R6 vs R6 Mark II, which one is best? Is it the original, groundbreaking R6 or the mildly updated and newer R6 Mark II? Let’s dive in and find out!

Apr 03, 2024