***Chance to Win 3 Different Olympus Cameras! B&H Photo Fall Color Contest ***

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #166306 by PhotographyTalk
Our friends over at B&H have a very exciting contest going on right now where 3 Olympus cameras are being given away!! Contest ends November 17th!

Press HERE to ENTER B&H Fall Color Contest

Take a look at these prizes!

Grand Prize -

Olympus E-P3 PEN Digital Camera with 14-42mm Lens- $899

2nd Prize

Olympus E-PL3 Digital Camera with 14-42mm II Lens -$699

3rd Prize

Olympus E-PM1 Digital Camera with 14-42mm II Lens -$499

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nbenadom, joanef, RudeDoggGomez
12 years 5 months ago #168001 by Taggelera
too bad it's for American's only :(

The following user(s) said Thank You: my_wave
12 years 5 months ago #168555 by photobod
Why is it for americans only, if so why does it ask for country when filling in details.

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #168804 by Stealthy Ninja
Not for non-americans?! HA! I didn't want it anyway. :X

Hope someone here wins. Seems like an good contest.
12 years 5 months ago #168830 by chasrich
I didn't see anything where it is for just Americans... Fine print I guess. :unsure:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 5 months ago #169197 by Rascal07
good point no need to ask the country if you leave in American:unsure:
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #169353 by RogerS
I just read Rule 6. Well, crap!

6. Eligible Participants. The Contest is only open to residents of the United States who are at least eighteen (18) years of age on their entry date. The Contest is not open to employees of Sponsor, their immediate family, or any person domiciled with such employees. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, request an affidavit from winners, to confirm that they meet all eligibility criteria.

12 years 5 months ago #169434 by transform567

photobod wrote: Why is it for americans only, if so why does it ask for country when filling in details.

That's a good question. Makes me think companies do not want to deal with the shipping to other countries. It's the only thing I could think of, otherwise what's the harm to include other counties.

12 years 5 months ago #169438 by Po0S
Did anyone here enter? I just found out about this today, so I don't plan on entering. Good Luck to those who did enter.

12 years 5 months ago #169444 by Baydream
A number of countries have laws and restrictions on contests and sweepstakes. Sorting them out could be a nightmare. I saw one the other day that had exclusions for three states (because of their laws) and the contest could be construed as a "lottery". My guess is that the vast majority of the business B&H conducts comes from the States. I do know that when I ordered a lens from B&H while in Canada, I had to deal with a separate "export" department. Since I travel back and forth, I have also noticed several contests that were for Canadian residents only. The "country question" is a standard part of their database form just like some of the questions when you enter certain magazine-sponsored contests. Some of the questions have nothing to do with the contest (like geographical location and "best time to visit"), just part of their standard form.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 5 months ago #169449 by chasrich
I entered this...

There are some really nice photos entered but maybe I'll get a nice job notice... :rofl:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
Attachments:
12 years 2 months ago #201519 by Bullisot
good to be in America ;) tobad I'm a Canon freak !!!

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024