Spish Splash! How to shoot a water drop splash... It's a learning curve!

12 years 5 months ago #167776 by Rascal07
Photobod I have been wondering the same thing.
12 years 5 months ago #167901 by Dori
:judge: :judge: :judge: Thanks for the info and the shots!!!

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 5 months ago #167915 by DonD2
Great job Charles. Thanks for sharing your "Experiments" with us. This is something I've been wanting to experiment with too. Also Smoke and Flamage shots (separately of course)! :rofl: SN may be right about them being "cliche" but they also seem like the would be fun to do as well as add to experience and knowledge base for other types of photos as well as getting the creative juices running for other options and or tweaks. Again great job Charles and thanks again for sharing!
12 years 5 months ago #167923 by chasrich

DonD2 wrote: Great job Charles. Thanks for sharing your "Experiments" with us. This is something I've been wanting to experiment with too. Also Smoke and Flamage shots (separately of course)! :rofl: SN may be right about them being "cliche" but they also seem like the would be fun to do as well as add to experience and knowledge base for other types of photos as well as getting the creative juices running for other options and or tweaks. Again great job Charles and thanks again for sharing!

I learned a lot from this playtime. It might have been stuff I should have already known - and now I do. Thanks Don.

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 4 months ago #175784 by Lolit C
Hi Chasrich, I love drop shooting as well but I seldom do it because of the mess...lolz... It's nice of you to share your experiments. I'm not sure how you feed in the drops, but have you tried the liquid in a plastic bag hanged on top of the plate? then prick it with a needle around 2 or three times. so here it will give continues drops, so you can shoot in continuous mode, so from there you can choose the best drop shot. Good thing about this set-up is that the drop will fall on at least the same spot and you can capture and freeze single drop actions.... I dont know if my English is coming through effectively...lolz.

Lolit C
12 years 4 months ago #180224 by tkguess
Its a fun project to do when you get bored or wanna do something different,

TK
Attachments:
12 years 4 months ago #180265 by DonD2
Some very lovely captures there TK. I love the pastel colors you got on/in the water. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #182540 by Lopezjose7
Here are one of my attempts a while back. But as stealthninja said, it's kinda something you see everywhere now so puts you off doing it. Although I would recommend those who have yet to try it to give it a go, its fun to set up and makes good practice :)

Hope its OK to use link from flickr:)

Water Drop by López-Photography , on Flickr

www.Lopez-photography.com

Like my FB page -http://www.facebook.com/pages/L%C3%B3pez-photography/106107092833908
or add me Lopezjose7

12 years 4 months ago #182709 by chasrich

tkguess wrote: Its a fun project to do when you get bored or wanna do something different,

Nice shots Tammy. I almost missed this thread resurfacing. :judge: :thumbsup: :woohoo:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 4 weeks ago #213936 by H.Priyanka
:judge: :judge: :judge:

©PH-otography

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024