December 2nd Weekend Photography Homework - Share a Photo!

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #175983 by Alex
The winner is (drum roll............) Papabear63!! The shot with the huge red Christmas ornament caught my eye with the lights in the back ground. Please PM me with your contact information to receive your prize!

Congrats! You just won PhotoPlus Essentials by Serif! (Deluxe Edition)

This weekends challenge is a fun "Show and Tell". Simple share as many photos in this thread that you have recently taken. You must tell a few things about each photo. Monday December 5th we will pick one random photo, that person who posted that image will get a secret prize! So you get to show off and have the chance of winning a prize!

Hint: The more photos you place in here, the greater the odds of winning the prize. Let's have these photos represent your best recent work.

For illustration only... I'll start:

This photo was taken with 105mm lens | f/22 | 1/1250 sec | ISO 200

Last year I bought a fish tank to play around with water shots like this. I had my fun and packed the fish tank away. After recently posting a video by Mark Wallace where Mark showed some fun fish tank examples... it reminded me I had this tank. So I dug it out of storage and went to town with it.

This shot was taken with a SB900 on the right and SB800 on the left. My SB900 kept over heating and was a head ache. I used PocketWizard TT1 and TT5 to trigger the flashes both in TTL. I think this weekend I'm going to try adding 3rd flash to fill that dark area on the bottom.

Here's my shot:

NOW IT'S YOUR TURN... START LOADING THEM UP AND TELLING A FEW THINGS ABOUT THAT PHOTO. :thumbsup:

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: sathisbabu, johne
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #175999 by dmartens1000

This pic is of my dog Bucky. I shot this pic a Community College Art Club rund raiser. I put Bucky in a bird bath so he would stay still. I shot this pic with a Cannon D60 DSLR.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: szerszen
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #176000 by FMVPhotography
Well it's all been a bit work work work for me, so not much to show on the fun side :(

However, I did a shoot for my best friend who's just had her first little girl 'Kallie' and wanted to create something that would work well as a canvas for her wall.

Two continuous 80w softboxes at the front. Dining room table with white black out blind, furry rug for baby and some Eminen on the ipod (put her straight to sleep!).

Nikon D7000, 50mm 1.4G, f8, 1/200sec, ISO 200

Post edited in PS with an added texture layer.

Attachments:
12 years 4 months ago #176005 by kpeditions

Tonight i put my lights up!

Got down on my drive way in the dark to take this photograph of my sensor singing santa's and snowmen! Didnt notice the man from down the road watching me lying on my front on the wet tarmac wondering what on earth i was doing!

Canon 550d, Tamron 18-270mm , f/5, 1/8 sec, iso 800, 46 mm, center weighted average, no flash.

Attachments:
12 years 4 months ago #176016 by Bob Eaton
I took this about a month ago! We call this the Octagon house for obvious reasons. This is in Richmond R.I.! I took this with my Canon Eos Elan film camera with a 28-200mm sigma lens, with ISO 200 film. Settings were 100mm @ f8 @ 250th. :cheers:

Nothing is Beatleproof!!!!!!!!!
Attachments:
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #176020 by KayLo
Here is my cat Gracie I took this yesterday with my new Canon T3i...nothing fancy but I love the way you can see her blue eyes plus the snow in the background...still trying to figure out all the options for the camera & lens but was very pleased with this one..

Attachments:
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #176023 by McBeth Photography

I took this at the Portland Japanese Garden in Portland, OR on 11-1-11. I took my wife to the Japanese garden a few days after her mother passed away, it is a great place to meditate and heal.

I shot this on my tripod with my D70 (before it decided to retire) using the 18-55 kit lens from Jennifer's camera. I shot at 26mm, f8, 1/4 sec and I think 200 ISO. :)

If you ever get the chance to go there, just do it.

It is what it is.
Attachments:
12 years 4 months ago #176024 by Rob pix4u2
Road Warriors Goaltender makes last second save at the goal mouth

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

Attachments:
12 years 4 months ago #176059 by lesanne45

lesannesphotography.com
Attachments:
12 years 4 months ago #176062 by Alex
Great photos everyone! Keep them coming :thumbsup:

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
12 years 4 months ago #176064 by lshaw
Very cool shot!

12 years 4 months ago #176067 by Rob pix4u2
Cyclones Net Minder Chet Pickard enters the spotlight

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

Attachments:
12 years 4 months ago #176085 by LisaBrodo

Im only a begginer, just starting out in a photography course....still so much to learn.

I offered a friend a free photo shoot of her beautiful little family to get some practise. Shooting a baby is a lot more challanging then I first expected but I really enjoyed myself. It really made me think about my future in photography and how much I still had to improve.

We worked in the lounge room with not so good lighting. This photo was edited with Lightroom and Photoshop.

Out of the experience though I got some beautiful images and alot of fantastic feed back. This was my favourite photo, it captures the tenderness and love of being a parent.

I hope every one loves it as much as I do.

Attachments:
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #176089 by eryck
hey,

havent been on this site for a while and this topic caught my attention and so here it is

This is a close up of the Centennial Flame which constantly burns over a fountain which portrays the the coat of arms for each Canadian province and Territory as it was in 1966. It is a central element on the grounds as it displayed at the pedestrian entrance and leads to the Peace Tower which is on the 88,480 meters squared grounds of Parliament Hill, in Ottawa, Canada. You can see part of the tower of victory and peace in the background including a large group of people protesting a Bill C-10 proposed by the conservative party which includes 9 other bills and is dedicated to spending 9 billion Canadian dollars to increase protection. I took this photo November 26, 2011. The issue I had felt to adjust in post process was keeping the "Horizon" straight so I considered straight to be a reference to be vertical down the center of the tower, for symmetry I have been told to consider your longest line to be the "symmetric" one either 0 degrees or 90 degrees, i hope i make sense just trying to do my show and tell

1/396 sec f/1.8 ISO - 50 Canon 50mm 1.8
Attachments:
12 years 4 months ago #176091 by szerszen
This image was taken at the World SuperBoat Championship races held in Key West FL a few weeks ago. The boat, the Miss Geico, literally flew over the water- both props are visible in this picture. I used a Canon 70-200mm f2.8 lens, hand held and zoomed out to 130mm. What a thrill to see these boats fly by at over 120 mph.

Attachments:

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024