December 2nd Weekend Photography Homework - Share a Photo!

12 years 4 months ago #177394 by Bob Eaton
017.JPG Hangar queen!

Nothing is Beatleproof!!!!!!!!!
12 years 4 months ago #177419 by kpeditions
Chris coates, the only bit of advice i would have is about the colours... i dont know if you have any software or not but it needs some colour bringing back and some of the blacks made darker to really enahnce it.

But the main thing is, do you like it? If so thats all that matters ;)

12 years 4 months ago #177421 by kpeditions
Chris, see comment below, sorry i didnt know which one to press to comment on it here!

12 years 4 months ago #177423 by kpeditions
Well done Papabear63 for winning!!!

12 years 4 months ago #177424 by kpeditions
Well done for winning papabear63 :)

12 years 4 months ago #177427 by Papabear63
WOW!!!!! I just woke up and saw the message that I won, thank you for picking me. There are many awesome photos in this thread. I wish you all a great day and an awesome Holiday season.

Joy Mullin wrote: Cograts to Papabear63. I thought this one was great too especially with Christmas just around the corner. :cheer:

Alex wrote: The winner is (drum roll............) Papabear63!! The shot with the huge red Christmas ornament caught my eye with the lights in the back ground. Please PM me with your contact information to receive your prize!

Congrats! You just won PhotoPlus Essentials by Serif! (Deluxe Edition)

This weekends challenge is a fun "Show and Tell". Simple share as many photos in this thread that you have recently taken. You must tell a few things about each photo. Monday December 5th we will pick one random photo, that person who posted that image will get a secret prize! So you get to show off and have the chance of winning a prize!

Hint: The more photos you place in here, the greater the odds of winning the prize. Let's have these photos represent your best recent work.

For illustration only... I'll start:

This photo was taken with 105mm lens | f/22 | 1/1250 sec | ISO 200

Last year I bought a fish tank to play around with water shots like this. I had my fun and packed the fish tank away. After recently posting a video by Mark Wallace where Mark showed some fun fish tank examples... it reminded me I had this tank. So I dug it out of storage and went to town with it.

This shot was taken with a SB900 on the right and SB800 on the left. My SB900 kept over heating and was a head ache. I used PocketWizard TT1 and TT5 to trigger the flashes both in TTL. I think this weekend I'm going to try adding 3rd flash to fill that dark area on the bottom.

Here's my shot:

NOW IT'S YOUR TURN... START LOADING THEM UP AND TELLING A FEW THINGS ABOUT THAT PHOTO. :thumbsup:

12 years 4 months ago #177540 by rmeyer7
Congrats, Papabear63!! Nice work and well deserved :)

12 years 4 months ago #177762 by Bob Eaton
I was poking through my photos, and found this little guy! Hope you like it! :P

Nothing is Beatleproof!!!!!!!!!
Attachments:
12 years 4 months ago #177824 by Papabear63
I took this in the Winter Garden in the city this past Sunday. The lights reminded me of ID4
1/50s ISO 1600
30mm f/5.0

Attachments:
12 years 4 months ago #177831 by lesanne45
Wow Papabear that is an awesome photo. Congratulations. I checked out the photo of the Red ornaments and they were great.

lesannesphotography.com
12 years 4 months ago #177930 by robbie
You`ve come a long way fast Pappabear,congrats!!

12 years 4 months ago #177962 by Papabear63
Thank you Robbie and Lesanne, i just tried to put to use what i have learned on the site here by looking at others pictures, their comments and critques. I try to shoot as much as possible since i have been coming here to this site as many of you suggested for me to do.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024