December 2nd Weekend Photography Homework - Share a Photo!

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #176104 by fotozone

I took this about a week ago it had dropped down to 30 so I was able to get a few ice shots. We have not had the super cold over night temps that produce the good ice shots. :( Oh I should add this is a macro of ice on a pine needle.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DixieImages
12 years 3 months ago #176106 by robbie

McBeth Photography wrote:

I took this at the Portland Japanese Garden in Portland, OR on 11-1-11. I took my wife to the Japanese garden a few days after her mother passed away, it is a great place to meditate and heal.

I shot this on my tripod with my D70 (before it decided to retire) using the 18-55 kit lens from Jennifer's camera. I shot at 26mm, f8, 1/4 sec and I think 200 ISO. :)

If you ever get the chance to go there, just do it.

Condolence to you and your wife Barry.
Sure is a beautiful place to ease your sorrows.

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #176116 by McBeth Photography

robbie wrote:

McBeth Photography wrote:

I took this at the Portland Japanese Garden in Portland, OR on 11-1-11. I took my wife to the Japanese garden a few days after her mother passed away, it is a great place to meditate and heal.

I shot this on my tripod with my D70 (before it decided to retire) using the 18-55 kit lens from Jennifer's camera. I shot at 26mm, f8, 1/4 sec and I think 200 ISO. :)

If you ever get the chance to go there, just do it.

Condolence to you and your wife Barry.
Sure is a beautiful place to ease your sorrows.

Thanks Robbie,
Truth be told, it is a relief to all the family that she is finally at rest, she was in a lot of pain. The garden is a perfect place to go at times like these.

It is what it is.
12 years 3 months ago #176128 by J. Hansen

Took this last week. Been driving by them everyday. Was afraid the wind would blow all the money away before I could get a picture or two!! :lol:

Attachments:
12 years 3 months ago #176130 by Scotty

eryck wrote: hey,

havent been on this site for a while and this topic caught my attention and so here it is

This is a close up of the Centennial Flame which constantly burns over a fountain which portrays the the coat of arms for each Canadian province and Territory as it was in 1966. It is a central element on the grounds as it displayed at the pedestrian entrance and leads to the Peace Tower which is on the 88,480 meters squared grounds of Parliament Hill, in Ottawa, Canada. You can see part of the tower of victory and peace in the background including a large group of people protesting a Bill C-10 proposed by the conservative party which includes 9 other bills and is dedicated to spending 9 billion Canadian dollars to increase protection. I took this photo November 26, 2011. The issue I had felt to adjust in post process was keeping the "Horizon" straight so I considered straight to be a reference to be vertical down the center of the tower, for symmetry I have been told to consider your longest line to be the "symmetric" one either 0 degrees or 90 degrees, i hope i make sense just trying to do my show and tell

1/396 sec f/1.8 ISO - 50 Canon 50mm 1.8

My personal favorite so far.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
12 years 3 months ago #176142 by Rob pix4u2
Reading Royals vs. Cyclones Taken with Nikon D90-80-200mm lens at 200mm and F 3.2- 1/400th sec. open ice hit where Cyclones player takes a high stick- no penalty called

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

Attachments:
12 years 3 months ago #176233 by sathisbabu
A Lovely evening with my girl along the beach, A bunch of kids enjoying their play and busy bird at dawn...And me not busy with my girl n watchin them lol.....

Attachments:
12 years 3 months ago #176246 by sathisbabu
Drooped Flower and a Leaf from different trees live together for next few moments in a new environment, i clicked while getting a shade beneath a tree for shade in a sunny day, reminded me n my love people of diff place in new environment isn't this lovely....

Attachments:
12 years 3 months ago #176249 by rmeyer7
Here's one I did just for fun while camping last weekend, and I love the way it turned out. 2 of the campers -- my wife and my buddy's girlfriend -- are starting to learn photography, so I was showing them a few things like exposure bracketing, slow shutter shots with a tripod, good DoF for landscapes, etc.

Just when we were about to leave I had an idea. I told my friend I was about to turn him into a ghost and have him haunt the sunset and asked the ladies to get their cameras ready. I hadn't brought a speedlight with me, so I had them use their pop-up flashes, and alternate between the 2 of them to take 3 shots, while I did one long exposure. This was a 13 second exposure, ISO 100, f/7.1 with a 24-105mm f/4L on a Canon 5D.

My buddy Jason is the "ghost"...and not too surprisingly this photo is now his profile picture on FB.

12 years 3 months ago #176256 by rmeyer7
This is obviously the same location as the photo I posted above. Since I was in a teaching mood, I thought I'd also show our 2 aspiring photographers a trick for taking portraits with a bright sunset behind. So I showed them how to intentionally underexpose the background and use flash to bring out the subject. Had to use the wife's Canon Rebel since I didn't have a flash with me.

Then I showed them what it would look like with no flash, just silhouettes. They liked this one so much I think they may have forgotten all about the fill flash technique :rofl:

ISO 400 | f/3.5 | 1/100 sec. | EF-S 18-55mm IS | Canon Rebel XTi (400D)

12 years 3 months ago #176258 by SashaSheena1

Hello everyone, I am very new to photography. Taking some photos this morning of our zebra finches while this lady of mine were looking very interestingly at them. This photo was taken with a Sony A230, 1/50 sec., F5.6 and 55mm lens.

Attachments:
12 years 3 months ago #176263 by rmeyer7
3-exposure HDR, AP mode and +-1 stop bracketing, f/22 and ISO 100. Shutter speeds were 1, 2 and 4 seconds.

12 years 3 months ago #176265 by rmeyer7

SashaSheena1 wrote:

Hello everyone, I am very new to photography. Taking some photos this morning of our zebra finches while this lady of mine were looking very interestingly at them. This photo was taken with a Sony A230, 1/50 sec., F5.6 and 55mm lens.

Nice cat portrait! :thumbsup:

Her eyes are sharp, which is one of the most important things. I can't tell whether the focus is exactly on the eyes or the nose, but the whole area is sharp. For what it's worth, always make sure the eyes are the sharpest thing in this type of photo. You seem to have done a pretty good job of that, so just keep up the good work :)

Oh, and it's fun to play with angles when you photograph animals, too. Getting right down in their faces, at their level, is pretty cool. Just something to suggest that you can have a little fun with!

The following user(s) said Thank You: SashaSheena1
12 years 3 months ago #176268 by rmeyer7
Nice photos everyone, lots of good work!

lesanne45, kpeditions, eryck: your subjects are all so interesting. :thumbsup:
I'm wondering on the "school bus" photo, if there's an angle where you'd be able to see the building behind it, but still be able to read the words "school bus"? That might be another cool composition to try on that subject.

Rob and Barry: excellent as usual. I really love the rich colors in the garden photo, and the spotlight and shadow in the Chet Pickard photo.

Nice cute photos of pets and the baby, too. I'm enjoying looking at this thread :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: lesanne45
12 years 3 months ago #176271 by Papabear63

Rob pix4u2 wrote: Road Warriors Goaltender makes last second save at the goal mouth

:judge: Excellent shot as always Rob! :judge:

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024