December 2nd Weekend Photography Homework - Share a Photo!

12 years 3 months ago #176289 by Chaptergeek
Here's one I took this summer of the Athabasca Glacier at the Columbia Icefields, Jasper National Park, Alberta, Canada. I decided to do some tone mapping to this image to try to give it an HDR effect and this is what I ended up with:

12 years 3 months ago #176291 by Chaptergeek
We were walking by the lake at Lake Louise Alberta, Canada when I noticed this canoe floating by itself on the lake. I decided to take a quick picture.

12 years 3 months ago #176293 by Chaptergeek
Here is another one I tried to do some tone mapping on. This picture was taken at Yoho National Park, British Columbia, Canada.

12 years 3 months ago #176299 by Papabear63

I took this lastnight as I was strolling thru the city after seeing an awesome concert.
Canon Powershot SX20IS
f/5.6 ISO 1600 1/13s
don't think i used flash on this,lol...still trying to get a better grip on my manual settings

Attachments:
12 years 3 months ago #176309 by Joy Mullin

LIFE AND DEATH IN THE NAMIB DESERT - On a recent trip to Namibia, we went for an early morning drive and after testing out the 4x4 capabilities of our recently acquired Nissan XTrail in a dry river bed we stopped on the far side to make coffee and take some pics. After putting aside my initial sadness at finding the skeleton of what had once been a magnificent bird, I was excited at the prospect of photographing it in the middle of the desert. A great subject! I used Aperture Priority F3.5 and as it was still early morn, ISO400. I wanted to have enough of the surrounding landscape to properly show what the area was like but to have most of the focus on the subject. Something that surprised me in the desert was the abundance of beautiful plant life and so for me this shot represents "Life and Death in the Desert".

Attachments:
12 years 3 months ago #176313 by Joy Mullin

During October we were lucky enough to travel to Namibia where the most obvious thing to photograph is the wildlife but I was enthralled by the variety of flora - from the magnificent Maringa trees to the tiniest of lichens. I loved the colours and textures both on the tree and on the rock and couldn't resist trying to capture nature's finest works of art. Taken with my NikonD3100 on Aperture Priority F11 1/250th ISO400

Attachments:
12 years 3 months ago #176314 by Maria21
I took this one almost 3 weeks ago on my front porch..

Zerfing's Photographic Imaging
Attachments:
12 years 3 months ago #176319 by Dori
These photos are all stunning!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 3 months ago #176320 by Joy Mullin

SHACK FIRES IN SOUTH AFRICA : This is a sad one folks but is very topical in South Africa. A large portion of our population live in shacks in what is called squatter camps or shanty towns. There are many runaway fires, mostly because these very poor people don't have basic services. They do not have electricity so have to cook on open flame or on kerosene stoves and use candles for light. If that's not bad enough, when a fire does break out they do not have running water and have to collect water for their daily needs in buckets or drums at random faucets which are few and far between. For this reason there is always devastating loss of life, often children. This pic was taken at a deserted railway station. I used photoshop to add the flame-like colours in the window and found the piece of Dylan Thomas poetry on the internet which I added to make a point. I hope the message is clear!

Attachments:
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #176332 by Bob Eaton
I`ve put this up before, but I worked it over a little with Picasa 3. The sky was a little washed out, so I tried a little magic. This was shot in July of this year in Newport harbor in Newport, R.I., one of my favorite hangouts!!!! I used a Canon Eos Elan film camera loaded with 200 ISO Fuji film, a Sigma 28-200mm lens at about 135mm, f11 @ about 350th or so!!!! I found out that you can rent this out for parties and weddings and such! I can only imagine the cost!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:
I`m still learning to use Picasa3! ;)

Nothing is Beatleproof!!!!!!!!!
Attachments:
12 years 3 months ago #176389 by bhowdy
This time of year I am watching the Whitetail Deer as the rut proceeds here in east Tennessee. Watched this good looking 8 pointer as he roamed a field ... the tufts of fur were blowing up as the wind blew at 20-25 mph last week.

Camera Info:
Focal Length = 700mm
Shutter Speed = 1/320
F Stop = f/5.6
ISO = 400
No Flash

Bob Howdeshell

"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera" ~ Lewis Hine

Attachments:
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #176391 by bhowdy
Just a curious female Eastern Bluebird that was not shy when I decided to take a few quick photos ....

Camera Info:
Focal Length = 700mm
Shutter Speed = 1/1250
F Stop = f/5.6
ISO = 400

Bob Howdeshell

"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera" ~ Lewis Hine

Attachments:
12 years 3 months ago #176392 by bhowdy
Male Wood Duck taken at the North Chagrin Reserve, in Cleveland, Ohio

Camera Info:
Focal Length = 500mm
Shutter Speed = 1/500
F Stop = f/5.6
ISO = 400
No Flash

Bob Howdeshell

Attachments:
12 years 3 months ago #176393 by bhowdy
Black Bear cub -- Cades Cove / Great Smoky Mountain National Park

Camera Info:
Focal Length = 500mm
Shutter Speed = 1/1,000
F Stop = f/4
ISO = 400

Bob Howdeshell

Attachments:
12 years 3 months ago #176403 by fotozone

I was playing with my macro lens when I took this. It is condensation on the inside of a water bottle.
Attachments:

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024