Big Photo Contest - 5 Winners Plus Grand Prize!

11 years 5 months ago #256705 by chasrich
This is a lion that seemed to like me a lot. He met my gaze and would not take his eyes off me for the longest time. Other photographers remarked that he was posing oh so pretty for our shots but I am the only one that got him looking directly at the camera. Fifteen minutes later he faux mauled a glass restraining wall to play with me. Busch Gardens Florida.

Canon EOS 60D
10/10/2012 1:57:34 PM
1/332 s, f/5.7, ISO 1000, 200 mm, Tamron 18-270mm.

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leilanee
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #256706 by asheh
Drove up to Smugglers Notch, Vermont on Oct 4th just to take this. I wasn't able to shoot because of the rain that the area got until Oct 7 and it was still drizzling. I waited until traffic subsided and dove into a prone position and shot handheld as quickly as possible before traffic caught up to me.

Camera: Nikon D800

Lens: Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8 (shot at 38mm at f8)
1/320 ISO 200

I can provide a copy with the watermark in the corner.

Attachments:
11 years 5 months ago #256710 by Leilanee

Shot with a Canon Rebel XTi, 20 mm focal length, f/5.6 and 1/90 shutter speed. This is my friend's adorable daughter. You can't see it in the photo, but she's holding one of those gigantic colourful lollipops which she had been enthusiastically devouring just minutes before (which is why her face is all splotched with colours!)

Attachments:
11 years 5 months ago #256711 by Leilanee

Shot with Canon Rebel XTi, 27 mm focal length, f/4.5 and 1/750 shutter speed. I do best with portraits; this one was for practice but I ended up loving it.

From the same shoot as the photo above, taken at a Monastery near home. Canon Rebel XTi, 55 mm, f/5.6, 1/750 shutter speed.

Attachments:
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #256712 by Leilanee

Canon Rebel XTi, 50 mm, f/1.8, 1/750 shutter speed

Attachments:
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #256714 by jopegs

Night View of Miami Port
Last day of cruise... we docked back at Miami Port early in the morning.. I could not sleep so when up top & took Pics... This was taken with Canon T2i with Shutter speed of 1/10's, f 3.5, ISO 3200 & 18 mm focal length... Was holding camera due to not having my tripod.. no luggage space to take it :) Processed with ACDsee

Attachments:
11 years 5 months ago #256717 by jopegs
Sunrise over Miami
Waited for the sun to rise on the last day of the cruise at the Miami Port... pic was taken with a Canon T2i with a shutter speed of 1/200, F 5.6, ISO 100 & focal length of 55 mm... Metering mode was center weighted avg & a manual white Balance

Attachments:
11 years 5 months ago #256719 by jopegs
Golden Touch
Driving around looking for things to photograph..... found a small pasture with alot of these wild golden flowers growing in it the bug was a bonus :)... Pic was taken with a Canon T2i with shutter speed of 1/800's, F5.6, ISO 200 & focal length of 250 on a canon EFS 55-250 mm lens.. process in ACDsee

Attachments:
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #256721 by Leilanee
It has been a chore and a half submitting these -.- only a few more to go, then I'm satisfied. (You said upload as many as you like, and I took that to heart)

A friend's albino snake. Taken with Canon Rebel XTi, 50 mm, f/5.6, 1/200 shutter speed.

This photo may not look like much at all, but there are two reasons I am proud of it. For starters, it was taken at night in a tiny room with no windows; my only light source was the cluster of dollar-store glow sticks I put into the box to create the effect of light coming out of the box alone. Secondly, this is a self portrait, meaning this photo was taken with a remote control and the lens on auto focus with nothing but a cluster of dim glow sticks as a light source. I was going for the myth of Pandora's Box, when she opens the box and releases the evil inside.
Specs: Canon Rebel XTi, 18 mm, f/3.5, 1.5 second shutter speed.

Attachments:
11 years 5 months ago #256722 by Leilanee

Twice this photo didn't want to upload, so I changed the file size.
Canon 7D, 50 mm, f/2.8, 1/500 shutter speed.

Attachments:
11 years 5 months ago #256760 by AmyatV
Wow, these are all amazing entries! Looking forward to seeing more!

11 years 5 months ago #256820 by jopegs
Spring
Laying in the grass enjoying the beautiful day.... noticed all the wild onions with their different shapes,twist & turns they do as the try to grow upward.... This one caught my attention because it was twisted around a blade of grass helping hold it up... team work even in mother nature :) Taken with a T2i with shutter speed of 1/400, F 5.6, ISO 200, canon 100mm lens & metering mode on spot... processed with ACDSee

Attachments:
11 years 5 months ago #256849 by chasrich

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nikami
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #256855 by idlose

Nikon D5100
Lens 50mm 1.4
ISO 200
Exp 1/2500
f stop 1.4

"Fallen Angel"
Attachments:
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #256861 by idlose

Nikon D5100
Lens 50mm 1.4
ISO 200
Exp 1/160
f stop 1.4

Deadwood, SD
Attachments:

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024