Big Photo Contest - 5 Winners Plus Grand Prize Announced!

11 years 3 months ago #266290 by AmyatV
Ja-9 - we are eager to get the book completed. would you be able to send your file on Monday? Let me know!

11 years 3 months ago #266327 by AmyatV
MORE winning pics uploaded - www.viovio.com/photos/gallery/111844

11 years 3 months ago #266333 by fbicking
I just got the email yesterday that I had a winning photo. I sent it to the email address hope it is not to late. Looking at all the winning photos and have to say I am honored to have a photo appear with such incredible work. Nice Job Everyone!!!!

:judge:
11 years 3 months ago #266371 by Ja-9
Amy did you get my note earlier that I'm not home until Tue evening.....will that work... You will have it that evening :unsure: I'm just hoping that I can still get in the book...

11 years 3 months ago #266407 by robbie
Having seen the photos with 9 still missing,all I can is 'this gonna be an AWESOME book'
Thanks PT & Amy [ www.viovio.com ]

11 years 3 months ago #266443 by Amanda_Eddy
Congrats to all the winners and thanks Amy and PT for getting all the winning images rounded up!

We're working on the new Photography Talk video featuring all these awesome images, as soon as all 50 images are uploaded we'll have the video done and ready to share with everyone!

Again, really spectacular images! Congrats to the winners.

I'm reaching out to the top 5 winners today to get them set up with their ProShow Web , one-year Premium subscription prize from Photodex! Please watch for a direct message from me!

:)

-Amanda

Photography Talk Members save 10% off ProShow slideshow tools. Use code 'N7VBHGGT' at checkout. www.photodex.com/eid9327/

Check out my blog! www.slideshowblog.com

11 years 2 months ago #266625 by mr_enrich
For my photo, mr_enrich, is it possible write the my real name, Domenico Cippitelli?
tks.
Domenico

11 years 2 months ago #266794 by Ja-9
Amy, I am finally home now...I am attaching my file to this note...if you need more please let me know.

Ja-9

I See You. This was taken at the Myakka River State Park in Sarasota, Florida under the light of a full moon. I was about 25-30 feet away on the bank of the river. He/she is about 10-12 feet long. The reflection that you see is from very, very still water. Taken on my Nikon D80, 70-300mm lens, focal length 300mm, ISO 1000, shutter speed 1/13 sec., f/5.6, hand held.

Attachments:
11 years 2 months ago #266800 by chasrich

Ja-9 wrote: Amy, I am finally home now...I am attaching my file to this note...if you need more please let me know.

Ja-9

I See You. This was taken at the Myakka River State Park in Sarasota, Florida under the light of a full moon. I was about 25-30 feet away on the bank of the river. He/she is about 10-12 feet long. The reflection that you see is from very, very still water. Taken on my Nikon D80, 70-300mm lens, focal length 300mm, ISO 1000, shutter speed 1/13 sec., f/5.6, hand held.

300mm at 1/13th - you must be rock steady Janine. Well done! :judge: :judge: :judge:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
11 years 2 months ago #267003 by AmyatV
More winners added, thanks everyone!

www.viovio.com/photos/gallery/111844

11 years 2 months ago #267541 by idlose
How many more photos are you waiting on? ahhhh so super eager!! :drool:
11 years 2 months ago #267547 by Ja-9
Amy can you correct the title on my gator picture it should read

I See You

sorry I had added the gator when I was doing my uploads...

Thank you...

Janine

11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #267598 by Leilanee
So, thanks for the discount on the lens, Alex =P

By the way, if titles are going to be added to the photos in the book, please please change mine to something less catastrophic D: lol!
The snake can be entitled "Ssssmile" and the jumping girl can be entitled "Freedom"

Edit: Got the lens in today, and to my surprise the service charges were paid for! I was not expecting that, so thank you so much Alex, or Tamron, whoever covered the charges! Stoked to use it.

11 years 2 months ago #268299 by Dannyboy2k
Hey Amy, is the book done and available for purchase? :woohoo:

:thx2:

Dan

Carpe Diem
11 years 2 months ago #268329 by AmyatV
Janine, I changed the title on your pic!

www.viovio.com/photos/gallery/111844

The book is almost ready - I encountered some snags along the way and was in Las Vegas all week! Many apologies for the delay. Will have it finished soon!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Leilanee

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024