Photo Contest Give-A-Way!!!

12 years 10 months ago #71345 by photobod

DonD2 wrote:

jordanmcrae wrote: Am I the only one getting butterflies? I can't wait to see the winning pictures. How the winners are determined in such little time, I'll never know, but my hat is off to the judges! Good thing it's not up to me or I'd pick them all :toocrazy:. Best of luck to everyone once again ! :):)

Nope, I got some rumblies in the tumblie too, but I just thought that it was cause I haven't eaten dinner yet.......:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: but now that you mention it, it probably is AN---TI---CI---PA---TION... :lol:
Maybe I should break out the Xanax eh?

I think we all await in anticipation and how they could choose in such a short time with that many entries I dont know, but hey thats there problem,so best of luck to everyone.

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

The topic has been locked.
12 years 10 months ago #71383 by crystal
Today is the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who will be the winner??

:judge:
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #71399 by FMVPhotography

crystal wrote: Today is the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who will be the winner??

I would hate to have to choose! lol

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #71417 by chasrich

I'm already a winner. I entered this contest thinking I would post a few photos each day then everyone sorta caught a case of enthusiasm. I also began to run out of "contest grade" photos. I had just gotten a new camera and lens so I put them to work. I explored my post production process and found new skills there as well. Combing my archives for old images that just needed a little dusting and polishing, I found a few more entries. Every day - make that every hour... I saw the competition bring forth a grand assortment of ideas and perspectives along with some thoughtful comments from the peanut gallery.

In short, I know, too late for short, I have become a better photographer IMHO on many different levels. TAH DAH! I'm a winner. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You guys should feel that way too.

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cre8tivefix
12 years 10 months ago #71423 by DonD2
I'm looking forward to the announcement of the winners......

DRUM ROLL PLEASE...................................
:rofl:
12 years 10 months ago #71429 by DonD2

chasrich wrote:

I'm already a winner. I entered this contest thinking I would post a few photos each day then everyone sorta caught a case of enthusiasm. I also began to run out of "contest grade" photos. I had just gotten a new camera and lens so I put them to work. I explored my post production process and found new skills there as well. Combing my archives for old images that just needed a little dusting and polishing, I found a few more entries. Every day - make that every hour... I saw the competition bring forth a grand assortment of ideas and perspectives along with some thoughtful comments from the peanut gallery.

In short, I know, too late for short, I have become a better photographer IMHO on many different levels. TAH DAH! I'm a winner. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost:
12 years 10 months ago #71487 by Rob pix4u2
when do we find out ???

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

12 years 10 months ago #71515 by DestinDave

chasrich wrote: I'm already a winner. I entered this contest thinking I would post a few photos each day then everyone sorta caught a case of enthusiasm. I also began to run out of "contest grade" photos. I had just gotten a new camera and lens so I put them to work. I explored my post production process and found new skills there as well. Combing my archives for old images that just needed a little dusting and polishing, I found a few more entries. Every day - make that every hour... I saw the competition bring forth a grand assortment of ideas and perspectives along with some thoughtful comments from the peanut gallery.

:agree: Well said, Charles!!

And, Don - I thought you were going to start channeling Carly Simon... AN-TI-CI-PA-A-A-A-TION... :rofl: :rofl:

Dave Speicher
I thought I wanted a career.. turns out I only wanted paychecks.
dlspeicher.zenfolio.com

12 years 10 months ago #71701 by DonD2

DestinDave wrote:

chasrich wrote: I'm already a winner. I entered this contest thinking I would post a few photos each day then everyone sorta caught a case of enthusiasm. I also began to run out of "contest grade" photos. I had just gotten a new camera and lens so I put them to work. I explored my post production process and found new skills there as well. Combing my archives for old images that just needed a little dusting and polishing, I found a few more entries. Every day - make that every hour... I saw the competition bring forth a grand assortment of ideas and perspectives along with some thoughtful comments from the peanut gallery.

:agree: Well said, Charles!!

And, Don - I thought you were going to start channeling Carly Simon... AN-TI-CI-PA-A-A-A-TION... :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: Well Dave, I'm glad that at least one of us got it.....:rofl: :rofl:
12 years 10 months ago #71707 by Nikonjan

DonD2 wrote: I'm looking forward to the announcement of the winners......

DRUM ROLL PLEASE...................................
:rofl:

Yes, I am anxious to see too.

www.betterphoto.com?nikonjan
12 years 10 months ago #71709 by DonD2

Rob pix4u2 wrote: when do we find out ???

No clue Rob. I was hoping we would know already..... But then again I do not envy the judges in this one. I wouldn't be surprised if it got delayed....... I certainly hope not, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did.
:toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
12 years 10 months ago #71713 by photobod

chasrich wrote:

come to think of it Charles, would I have experimented with my camera and looked for pretty flowers to photograph !!! probably not, so thankyou Alex and team for coming up with this brilliant Idea. :judge: :judge: :judge: :judge:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 10 months ago #71715 by Nikonjan
:agree:

DonD2 wrote:

No clue Rob. I was hoping we would know already..... But then again I do not envy the judges in this one. I wouldn't be surprised if it got delayed....... I certainly hope not, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did.

12 years 10 months ago #71717 by Nikonjan

DonD2 wrote:

12 years 10 months ago #71723 by DonD2
Well y'all, I have a bit of running around I need to do. So, I'll be back as soon as I can and hopefully by then, I'll be able to congratulate the winners and console the rest of us....hahaha... :rofl:
See y'all in a bit B)

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024