Photo Contest Give-A-Way!!!

12 years 10 months ago #72191 by DonD2

Eric wrote: congrats to everyone!!!!! a great month of interaction!

Thanks Eric and I agree a very good month indeed! :cheers:
The topic has been locked.
12 years 10 months ago #72195 by DonD2

genephil77 wrote: Congratulations to all of the contest winners!

Thanks Gene! :cheers:
12 years 10 months ago #72197 by crystal

Shadowfixer1 wrote: You think they would post the winning images so we could all see and admire them. It's kind of hard for anyone to get excited, except the named winners, without seeing the images. Congratulations to the winners but it would be nice to know what we are congratulating them for.

:agree: I am also curious to know what the winning photos are.
12 years 10 months ago #72199 by Screamin Scott
A big CONGRATULATIONS to all of the winners !!!:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #72201 by DonD2

Baydream wrote: Best I can tell, I am "friends" with all the photo winners. Maybe I should buy a Lottery ticket. Congratulations. :cheers: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :cheers:

Thanks John :cheers: and you betcha..... :rofl:
12 years 10 months ago #72219 by DonD2

Cre8tivefix wrote: I'm so very thrilled! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Now to handle going through photography contest withdrawal. LOL This was huge fun and I thank the PT peeps for putting this together.

Congratulations to all the winners and participants!

Thanks Laura and a big ol' Congratulations to you too! :cheers:
12 years 10 months ago #72223 by DonD2

icepics wrote: Congrats to everybody who won (Don your persistence paid off); figured I'd post before the storms get here (again!) in case the power goes out... I would think the judges are somewhere in a photo stupor after the response there was! Fun contest.

Thanks Sharon. And yeah I know what you mean, I came very close to giving up there for a while....
:rofl: , I am so glad now that I didn't :woohoo: :banana:
12 years 10 months ago #72225 by DonD2

Screamin Scott wrote: A big CONGRATULATIONS to all of the winners !!!:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks Scott! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
12 years 10 months ago #72235 by McBeth Photography

Karl Wertanen wrote:

DonD2 wrote: Praise God, Praise God and did I mention PRAISE GOD!!!!!!

WOW, I am soooooooooo totally blown away by this, W - O - W. There were soooooooo many wonderful photos that were posted by sooooooo many wonderful photographers, that I was hoping just to place somewhere. W - O - W, seriously, I am having a very hard time believing that that is my name in the Grand Prize slot, W - O - W.

Thank you to my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, whatever abilities that I may have came from Him.

Thanks to PT & Alex and ALL of the sponsors that made this possible.

Congratulations to Photobod, MajorMagee, Lori G, Jordanmacrae, Macbeth Photography, Crystal, Karl Wertanen, Chasrich, Cre8tivefix and Turbogirl.

W - O - W, I am still in shock, W - O - W. I've just recently ( a little over a year ago), got back into this passion from my youth, that I never pursued, as I was always advised that you can't make a living doing that, you need to get a real job. I did that was moderately successful for a while until life threw me a few curves and I decided that I needed to pursue some of the things that I believe God made me passionate about when I was young but never followed through on. This is my 1st DSLR a used Nikon d3000 with just the basic kit lens 18 - 55mm. I have been experimenting, getting familiar with the camera and how to use it. So, I decided to enroll in NYIP so I could actually learn how to become a Professional Photographer and hopefully make a living doing this passion. I just recently finished Unit 1 of my classes and about to start Unit 2. I never in a million years expected to win anything in this contest, no less the Grand Prize, W - O - W, Praise God, W - O - W. I'm sorry, I keep rambling on like I've won the Powerball Lottery or something, but y'all have no idea what this means to me, what a boost to my confidence this is and confirmation of my choice to seriously pursue my interest in photography.
I guess I'll close so as not to keep rambling on.

Thanks again to EVERYONE who made this possible and to EVERYONE who participated. Everyone on this site that I have had any interaction with has been wonderful and I thank you ALL. W - O - W, God Bless Y'all! :patriot:

Don, You're the man!!!! :judge: :beerbang: :cheers: :banana:

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

It is what it is.
12 years 10 months ago #72247 by DonD2

McBeth Photography wrote:

Karl Wertanen wrote:

WOW, I am soooooooooo totally blown away by this, W - O - W. There were soooooooo many wonderful photos that were posted by sooooooo many wonderful photographers, that I was hoping just to place somewhere. W - O - W, seriously, I am having a very hard time believing that that is my name in the Grand Prize slot, W - O - W.

Thank you to my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, whatever abilities that I may have came from Him.

Congratulations to Photobod, MajorMagee, Lori G, Jordanmacrae, Macbeth Photography, Crystal, Karl Wertanen, Chasrich, Cre8tivefix and Turbogirl.

W - O - W, I am still in shock, W - O - W. I've just recently ( a little over a year ago), got back into this passion from my youth, that I never pursued, as I was always advised that you can't make a living doing that, you need to get a real job. I did that was moderately successful for a while until life threw me a few curves and I decided that I needed to pursue some of the things that I believe God made me passionate about when I was young but never followed through on. This is my 1st DSLR a used Nikon d3000 with just the basic kit lens 18 - 55mm. I have been experimenting, getting familiar with the camera and how to use it. So, I decided to enroll in NYIP so I could actually learn how to become a Professional Photographer and hopefully make a living doing this passion. I just recently finished Unit 1 of my classes and about to start Unit 2. I never in a million years expected to win anything in this contest, no less the Grand Prize, W - O - W, Praise God, W - O - W. I'm sorry, I keep rambling on like I've won the Powerball Lottery or something, but y'all have no idea what this means to me, what a boost to my confidence this is and confirmation of my choice to seriously pursue my interest in photography.

Thanks again to EVERYONE who made this possible and to EVERYONE who participated. Everyone on this site that I have had any interaction with has been wonderful and I thank you ALL. W - O - W, God Bless Y'all! :patriot:

Don, You're the man!!!! :judge: :beerbang: :cheers: :banana:

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

Thank you very much Barry and a hardy congratulations to you as well! :cheers: :cheers:
12 years 10 months ago #72249 by Lori G

Congratulations Don!! I'm so happy for you!:judge: :judge: :judge: :judge: :judge:

Congratulations to all of the other winners also! What an amazing display of talent! :judge: :judge: :judge: :judge:

12 years 10 months ago #72255 by DonD2

Lori G wrote:

Congratulations Don!! I'm so happy for you!:judge: :judge: :judge: :judge: :judge:

Congratulations to all of the other winners also! What an amazing display of talent! :judge: :judge: :judge: :judge:

Thank you very much Lori! You are too kind. A great big Congratulation to you as well! :cheers: :cheers:
And I soo agree with you on the the awesome display of talent! This is for everyone who who participated. There is no tip your hat smiley so I :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: you ALL and think that everyone deserves these.....
:judge: :judge: :judge: :judge: :judge: :judge: :judge: :judge: :judge: :judge: :judge: :judge: :judge: :judge:
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #72265 by Stealthy Ninja
Well done Don. Good to see you're thanking the right Person. :thumbsup:

Now, come on PT show us the winning photos. :whistle:
12 years 10 months ago #72349 by Cre8tivefix

Shadowfixer1 wrote: You think they would post the winning images so we could all see and admire them. It's kind of hard for anyone to get excited, except the named winners, without seeing the images. Congratulations to the winners but it would be nice to know what we are congratulating them for.

Yes I'm hoping they post the pictures they picked out as well when they get a chance.

12 years 10 months ago #72369 by DonD2

Stealthy Ninja wrote: Well done Don. Good to see you're thanking the right Person. :thumbsup:

Now, come on PT show us the winning photos. :whistle:

Thank you very much Adrian! :cheers:

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024