Camera slings??

13 years 3 months ago #10002 by Simon Says
Just found this, anyone have one of these? Almost tempted to buy it, but wondering if it will get annoying having a hard camera body grinding into my side?

If you have one, please post your thoughts. Here is the one I'm talking about: www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/699659-RE...ap_Sling_Nature.html

13 years 3 months ago #10035 by Foxy Girl
I got one for Christmas made by Luma, I have not used it yet, but it looks like it will come in very handy. The strap and leather work looks very nice quality.

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #10036 by bhowdy
It doesn't look like it would be too bad. Not any different than carrying your camera with a regular strap extended and then over one shoulder , not the neck. With the plus feature of the slide up thingy (technical term)

Bob Howdeshell

"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera" ~ Lewis Hine

13 years 3 months ago #10081 by BDavis

bhowdy wrote: It doesn't look like it would be too bad. Not any different than carrying your camera with a regular strap extended and then over one shoulder , not the neck. With the plus feature of the slide up thingy (technical term)

My thoughts exactly, just looks like a extended strap to me.

13 years 3 months ago #10120 by Fiesta!
Oh I have one of these, it's not that brand. Mine is a Luma or something like that. It's totally comfortable and does come in handy. I wouldn't go running with it on your side, but normal walking it's fine.

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #10188 by Moe
Have you guys seen the ones by cottoncarrier.com? These seem pretty sturdy

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #20720 by Baydream

Moe wrote: Have you guys seen the ones by cottoncarrier.com? These seem pretty sturdy

I just got a Cotton Carrier. It looks like the right thing since I carry two cameras. The pro model (about $180) has connectors for both pro and non-pro SLRs. The pro (or with grip) is slanted to fit the deeper body.
The only downside seems to be that you can't have the mounting clip and a quick release plate at the same time (something about the strain on the camera body).
Check their web site for a nice demo video. I bought mine from B&H.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #20725 by Cjarvis
I have the sun sniper its dose the same thing. verry comfortable.

13 years 2 months ago #20730 by deewun
I have this one:http://cgi.ebay.ca/New-Brand-Q-Black-quick-rapid-SLR-Camera-Sling-Strap-/160521514669?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item255fd3eead#ht_4384wt_1135.
It is heavy duty nylon and I use it with a D300 complete with battery grip - no problem.

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #20763 by Stealthy Ninja

deewun wrote: I have this one:http://cgi.ebay.ca/New-Brand-Q-Black-quick-rapid-SLR-Camera-Sling-Strap-/160521514669?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item255fd3eead#ht_4384wt_1135.
It is heavy duty nylon and I use it with a D300 complete with battery grip - no problem.

Mmm that's a Chinese copy of the Black Rapid R-Strap.
www.blackrapid.com/

I have a black rapid and i've seen those for sale here in HK (the one you linked to that is). IMHO don't waste money and/or risk your gear on that cheap copy. The quality is suspect to say the least (when you compare it to the Black Rapid).

The black rapid r-strap is pretty awesome, I just don't use it that much (in fact I gave it to my mum I think) because in Hong Kong it's a bit too crowded for it (my camera kept getting hit). YMMV. The quality of the R-Strap is excellent.

Personally I want the Cotton Carrier, but it's not available in shops AFAIK.
13 years 2 months ago #20960 by Cjarvis
The sun sniper puts the camera behind your back and uses a steel cabel to prevent theft. This keeps it frome banging into things the down side is you have to remove it to put your camera on a tripod and its a littel pricey but im completley happy with it.

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #20963 by Baydream

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

deewun wrote: I have this one:http://cgi.ebay.ca/New-Brand-Q-Black-quick-rapid-SLR-Camera-Sling-Strap-/160521514669?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item255fd3eead#ht_4384wt_1135.

Mmm that's a Chinese copy of the Black Rapid R-Strap.
www.blackrapid.com/

I have a black rapid and i've seen those for sale here in HK (the one you linked to that is). IMHO don't waste money and/or risk your gear on that cheap copy. The quality is suspect to say the least (when you compare it to the Black Rapid).

The black rapid r-strap is pretty awesome, I just don't use it that much (in fact I gave it to my mum I think) because in Hong Kong it's a bit too crowded for it (my camera kept getting hit). YMMV. The quality of the R-Strap is excellent.

Personally I want the Cotton Carrier, but it's not available in shops AFAIK.

Maybe you could have B&H ship it to Hawaii and justify a trip there :cheer:
B&H does have an export unit but don't know where they can ship (mine went to Canada).

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024