So, is photography your most expensive hobby?

12 years 3 months ago #190961 by Trilby
Photography is my most expensive hobby at the time of writing. However, my partner and I have recently gained an increased interest in fishing, (I think it's late-middle age kicking in). They way we are going, especially considering the boat needs a new outboard motor or a major overhaul of the old one, fishing expenditure is proving major competition to photography expenditure. But, that may all change with the release of a new lens....

There is no black & white; it's all 18% grey.
12 years 3 months ago #190975 by Gary Trent photography
Photo'y was a heck-of-a-lot cheaper than a divorce . . . LOL
Now that I'm single I can afford the EOS 60 D
and a stack of glass ....... more :rofl:

:cheers: Honey

GaryTrent photography (Canada)

Owner of
Art Effects Gallery,
Grand Forks, B.C. Canada

Please visit me on Multiply:
whazit2u.multiply.com/

12 years 3 months ago #191184 by Hoss
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Photo Comments
12 years 3 months ago #191193 by Tgauge9

Gary Trent photography wrote: Photo'y was a heck-of-a-lot cheaper than a divorce . . . LOL
Now that I'm single I can afford the EOS 60 D
and a stack of glass ....... more :rofl:

:cheers: Honey

So was your divorce a hobby? lol :rofl:

12 years 3 months ago #191194 by Tgauge9

Trilby wrote: Photography is my most expensive hobby at the time of writing. However, my partner and I have recently gained an increased interest in fishing, (I think it's late-middle age kicking in). They way we are going, especially considering the boat needs a new outboard motor or a major overhaul of the old one, fishing expenditure is proving major competition to photography expenditure. But, that may all change with the release of a new lens....

You can take the camera with you to enjoy some wildlife photography while fishing. :thumbsup:

12 years 3 months ago #191215 by Gary Trent photography
Tgauge9 asks: "So was your divorce a hobby?"
Me: not really but the X was ..... more :rofl:

GaryTrent photography (Canada)

Owner of
Art Effects Gallery,
Grand Forks, B.C. Canada

Please visit me on Multiply:
whazit2u.multiply.com/

12 years 3 months ago #191541 by Scott Grant
My marriage :rofl: :rofl:

12 years 3 months ago #191950 by MYoung
Now it is!

Photo Comments
12 years 1 month ago #211639 by donlanier
For me scuba diving is, but only because it cost a lot to get to the best places to dive.

12 years 1 month ago #211641 by JanOD
It is now, but has cost me less than my previous hobby, which was rock cutting. Opal and other gems are quite expensive. : ) Of course my camera bag is still pretty empty...give it time. :)

Janice ~~~~~~~ Life is like a camera. Focus on what's important, capture the good things...and if things don't work out, just take another shot.
12 years 1 month ago #211642 by ICUC2
It's pretty much a toss up between photography and computing. Computing might possibly win out considering I have both a desktop and a laptop, 2 printers, and a Wacom Tablet. However software is where the big bucks start adding up. Do I count Photoshop as photography or computing? Maybe I should split the cost 1/2 photography and 1/2 computing. :silly:

12 years 1 month ago #211643 by sandozer
Without a doubt the most expensive hobby I have had, there again being divorced I have a monetary budget positively in excess so why ever not !
I do world travel regularly, which I can include in my photographic costs, Yellowstone probably favourite. Just bought a Nikon 300mm F2.8 VRII, sweet ! :thumbsup:
11 years 10 months ago #229865 by SMCK
Combine it with telescope needs for astrophotography and yep it's one very expensive hobby but worth every cent in fun :)

11 years 10 months ago #229906 by Dave Burburry
What telescope do you have? Any cool shots to share? I've been looking at getting a telescope and looking at a couple Meades and Celestrons.

Photo Comments
11 years 10 months ago #229951 by CWphotos
It's my ONLY hobby, so yes! Now...ask my husband, who had an ultralight, then built an experimental airplane and had hangar fees for 10 years ( not counting the cost of obtaining a private pilot's license! ), and is now building a boat, and throw in our fifthwheel camper & gas to haul it thousands of miles, and he might say, NO! :rofl:

What you are is so loud, I can't hear a word you say!

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024