Ghost photographs

12 years 6 months ago #157826 by Ham1st
I was wondering if anybody knows on what type of camera you will be able to pick up a ghost in the photo.

So far ive had alot of different responses... some people say only film cameras picks them up, other says only IR cameras, other say any digital camera picks them up.

I am also aware of the trick where you keep the shutter open and let the person move in and out of the frame, I've done this before, but i want to take a photo of the real thing

Does anybody have any advise for me?

12 years 6 months ago #157829 by Barry
Most of the time, those orbs you talk about are nothing more than dust reflecting light and easily explained. Even when not explainable... reaching for the answer of a ghost is just that... reaching, and can be explained by 10 other ways just as easily.

But, to answer your question... any camera can capture the image of a ghost... that and a little photosphoping.

Is there any specific area you like to visit to try and capture a ghost? or is your house haunted?

12 years 6 months ago #157834 by Ham1st
I know some people believe in them and others don't. At first I didn't, but something is making noise and moving items in my home. And I thought I could try and take a picture of it.

12 years 6 months ago #157837 by Fallin Star
Wait until October 31st, step outside and using your digital camera you can take pictures of all the ghosts you want. :rofl:

12 years 6 months ago #157842 by Ham1st

Fallin Star wrote: Wait until October 31st, step outside and using your digital camera you can take pictures of all the ghosts you want. :rofl:

:rofl: Good idea, but that won't solve wanting to capture the ghost in my home.

12 years 6 months ago #157864 by effron
Your belief seems real, so a quick google brought this. Good luck.....
www.hollowhill.com/guide/photos101.htm

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
12 years 6 months ago #157899 by photobod
Its funny cos I have seen a ghost it was in my first house and later in my 2nd home we had a poltergiest or so I was told, doesnt matter as I still dont believe in them, everything has a logical explanation, doesnt it ????? :sick: :sick: :sick: :silly: :silly: :silly: :dry: :dry: :dry: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :S :S :S :( :( :( ;) ;) ;)

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 6 months ago #158524 by Henry Peach
Maybe Kirlian photography?

I am a big fan of old school spirit photography. www.environmentalgraffiti.com/news-15-am...s-spirit-photography
12 years 6 months ago #158614 by geoffellis
theres a fundamental flaw in "ghost photography".

Ghosts are not explainable. We dont know if they exist or exactly what they are if they do. The use of "tools" to record ghosts is pseudo-science. There is no proof that ghosts give off EMF, lower a room temperature, or are visible under IR.

Yet the "real" ghost hunters... who have never really proven anything... use EMF detectors, temperature gauges, IR cameras and night vision tools religiously.

I think people just like to creep themselves out. Otherwise with the BILLIONS of people that have died over the years... youd expect hauntings to be more commonplace. add other species into that and youd expect to see a ghost on a nightly basis. isnt it odd how people commonly "sense" a cat brushing against their leg... but whos ever felt a T-Rex run through them??

ghosts are hogwash.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024