Do you carry your manual with you?

12 years 4 months ago #172588 by cah87
Does anyone here actually carry the manual for their camera with them?

I don't anymore, but I used too all the time. Back when I first learn the camera, I was always looking in the manual.

12 years 4 months ago #172590 by WichWerk
The manual stays in my camera bag.

12 years 4 months ago #172591 by RogerS
No, but there are the odd times when I wish I had.

12 years 4 months ago #172594 by Fpherion
I have my camera for a couple of years, and for the most part I know the camera itself, but I still carry the manual. Never know when I may need it. Heck, I may be stuck out in the middle of no where and may need it to start a fire.

12 years 4 months ago #172619 by photobod
Yes I carry my manual for the camera and the manual for my flash why not who knows when a brain freeze will arrive, heck I am 55 maybe senelity will set in whilst on a shoot :toocrazy: :toocrazy: :toocrazy: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 4 months ago #172640 by Foggy
Mine is in the side pocket of my camera bag :thumbsup:

Photo Comments
12 years 4 months ago #172653 by KCook
For casual shooting, no. If I'm on a big "assignment", you bet.

Kelly

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #172654 by effron
Never. I have a photobert cheat and I printed off these...........
www.outthereimages.com/images/D7000_Setup_Guide.pdf

you can google for your camera....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
12 years 4 months ago #172671 by Maria21
I do in the side pocket of the camera bag & a tips & tricks book in the back of the Jeep if I want to get creative while i'm out & about.

Zerfing's Photographic Imaging
12 years 4 months ago #172708 by Baydream

WichWerk wrote: The manual stays in my camera bag.

Me too, once I found it. ;)

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 4 months ago #172712 by jomoud
The manuals are small enough that I always have it somewhere in my camera bag.
Even though I sometimes forget that I have it in the bag, since I seldom use it:)

Jomoud
12 years 4 months ago #172717 by chasrich
I keep mine in the bag with the rest of the gear. I figure if the camera goes inop I have some blank pages in the manual I could sketch on... :rofl:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 4 months ago #172726 by Papabear63
no i dont, i didnt get a manual just a PDF. it's about 200pages at 8 1/2 by 11. if it was smaller i would carry it for sure

12 years 4 months ago #172794 by Joves
Yeah it is in pack but hasnt seen the light of day for a few years. I keep it just in case I want to use a function I havent yet, which hasnt happened.

12 years 4 months ago #172843 by Stealthy Ninja
YES!

I lost it in my camera bag and can't find it.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024

With these easy iPhone photography tips, you can maximize the functionality of your iPhone’s camera and get much-improved results for portraits, landscapes, and any other genre!

Apr 05, 2024