Problem with Background Wrinkles

12 years 2 months ago #190090 by PSmitch0012
I've been gearing up to do some portrait shoots in a home studios. My problem is that the backrounds are something like 10 feet x 12 feet and aren't exactly iron friendly. I've tried using a clothes steamer and have had no luck getting the wrinkles out.

Has anyone out there had this or a similar problem and if so what did you do to solve it? Is there some kind of professional that will press a huge canvas sheet like this?

12 years 2 months ago #190096 by Sfood78
i think you just need a lot more light since your background is wrinkled. like with a lot more light, to smooth out the wrinkles in the plain white background.

plus some editing in photoshop should help.
If you really cant stand the wrinkles, you could try hanging the sheet in the bathroom where it can get smoothed out by the steam if someone takes a shower

12 years 2 months ago #190097 by Kris4pics
I'm sure your local dry cleaner will get it wrinkle free for ya. The key to preventing it is proper storage.. roll it up nice and tight and it wont wrinkle.

12 years 2 months ago #190099 by PSmitch0012
Thanks for the help. Maybe I'll take it to the dry cleaner and afterwards be very very careful with it.

12 years 2 months ago #190106 by photobod
Dry cleaners once every three months then roll it up carefully, then use plenty of clips to hang it on your background stand, flood with light, hey presto lovely background wrinkle free. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024