How much would you pay someone to edit your wedding photos?

12 years 1 month ago #205280 by Cyber geek
Let's say you are a wedding photographer and don't have time to do the basic editing, so you plan to hire someone to edit between 2000-2500 wedding photos. How much would you pay them? Editing only in Lightroom.

12 years 1 month ago #205283 by Ms. Amy
Ummm between $150-$200. Not sure, I actually had to think about this as I never charged anyone to edit even one photo of mine.

12 years 1 month ago #205294 by mj~shutterbugg
Depends on experience of the editor, my confidence level with them, and the client's budget. If it were me, I charge $25 per hour to retouch my clients images, so I would expect to pay pretty close to that.

Think Off-Center ~ George Carlin
www.mjbrennanphoto.com

12 years 1 month ago #205307 by Darrell
:agree: :agree:

You will not be judged as a photographer by the pictures you take, but by the pictures you show.
12 years 1 month ago #205335 by Cyber geek
Thanks for replying. I ask, because I came across an ad, where a photographer was looking to hire someone to edit their wedding photos. According to the ad, the job would take up to 8hrs, ..downloading, editing, converting raw in jpeg, resize jpeg and uploading all the images back to the photographer. The photographer was only going to pay $30 for all this. So I thought I would ask here to see what you all would charge to see if that $30 rate was good or not.

12 years 1 month ago #205344 by effron

Cyber geek wrote: Thanks for replying. I ask, because I came across an ad, where a photographer was looking to hire someone to edit their wedding photos. According to the ad, the job would take up to 8hrs, ..downloading, editing, converting raw in jpeg, resize jpeg and uploading all the images back to the photographer. The photographer was only going to pay $30 for all this. So I thought I would ask here to see what you all would charge to see if that $30 rate was good or not.

Don't be too shocked if the photog wants someone to save a bunch of lousy shots......:unsure:

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
12 years 1 month ago #205394 by CatherineW
What's a good company in the USA that does this work?

***Remember 9/11***
Photo Comments
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #205397 by Stealthy Ninja

Cyber geek wrote: Thanks for replying. I ask, because I came across an ad, where a photographer was looking to hire someone to edit their wedding photos. According to the ad, the job would take up to 8hrs, ..downloading, editing, converting raw in jpeg, resize jpeg and uploading all the images back to the photographer. The photographer was only going to pay $30 for all this. So I thought I would ask here to see what you all would charge to see if that $30 rate was good or not.

I'd not take less than $1000HKD ($125USD) for that much work I'm more likely charge $1500HKD or more ($190USD or close enough) because probably it won't be a straight 8 hour job. They didn't want to pay me that much, then obviously they could do it themselves (cheap b*tards).

That would be for just basic edits too (correcting exposure and WB). If they wanted special edits then the price would go up.

That said, if I were hiring someone else to do it for me (I'd not need to, but you never know). I'd give the other editor $500-$750HKD ($63-$93USD) depending on their skills. I'd charge the customer $1500HKD for the service if I had to hire someone else. Usually though I cover editing time in the price of the photography work itself.

BTW before you accuse me of being hypocritical. I get more for editing because I do it very well... and I'm modest. :whistle:
12 years 1 month ago #205403 by CWphotos

Cyber geek wrote: Let's say you are a wedding photographer and don't have time to do the basic editing, so you plan to hire someone to edit between 2000-2500 wedding photos. How much would you pay them? Editing only in Lightroom.

First of all...I can't even imagine allowing someone else to tinker with my images, much less paying them to do so?
If I were to be asked to edit someone else's work, I'd have to charge at least $15 per hour...only because I'm not a professional. I would expect a pro to charge double that.

What you are is so loud, I can't hear a word you say!
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #205406 by Stealthy Ninja

CWphotos wrote:

Cyber geek wrote: Let's say you are a wedding photographer and don't have time to do the basic editing, so you plan to hire someone to edit between 2000-2500 wedding photos. How much would you pay them? Editing only in Lightroom.

First of all...I can't even imagine allowing someone else to tinker with my images, much less paying them to do so?
If I were to be asked to edit someone else's work, I'd have to charge at least $15 per hour...only because I'm not a professional. I would expect a pro to charge double that.

Funny you say that. My hourly rate for videography/photography is about $100USD for the first hour and $60USD for every hour after that.

But for longer times I go down a bit. Bulk discount if you will.

Even then I feel I'm not that highly paid. I'm sure there's plenty of people who charge more. I just like clients to actually hire me more than once a year. ;)
12 years 1 month ago #205522 by CWphotos

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

CWphotos wrote:

Funny you say that. My hourly rate for videography/photography is about $100USD for the first hour and $60USD for every hour after that.

But for longer times I go down a bit. Bulk discount if you will.

Even then I feel I'm not that highly paid. I'm sure there's plenty of people who charge more. I just like clients to actually hire me more than once a year. ;)

My guess was a little low...but remember...I'm from the Stone Age. ( When I was your age, a pair of jeans cost $6...and that was for brand-name jeans! ) :lol:
Returning customers is an important aspect in any business. Had a restaurant for about 7 years...kept our prices moderate, and served good food.

What you are is so loud, I can't hear a word you say!

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024